Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-06-2014, 08:37   #1

NY to boston - 3 week trip.

Hi
Im Simon, have been sailing my Nonsuch 30 around Cuba for the winter, Now am in NY and looking to explore the New England coast and spend some time checking out Cape cod, and the smaller historic ports etc. Im Looking some one to help out on deck and share the trip with No experience necessary, but but some camping/travelling experience would be good. Only expenses are a share of the food costs.

looking to Leave CT about mid june. let me know if you have any questions. should be a pretty cool trip.

Simon, 43, New Zealander, relaxed.
Old 29-06-2014, 13:45   #2

Re: NY to boston - 3 week trip.

Hi Simon, I'm super interested in the trip. I'm travelling in the states from the UK and and currently in New York. Am I too late?

I don't have sailing experience but have worked on River boats in London for several years in the past and have worked as a chef for several years. I have plenty of travelling/camping experience and would love to join you if you've not left yet!

My email is mattfish@live.co.uk

Look forward to hearing from you, best wishes

Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotanz View Post
Hi
Im Simon, have been sailing my Nonsuch 30 around Cuba for the winter, Now am in NY and looking to explore the New England coast and spend some time checking out Cape cod, and the smaller historic ports etc. Im Looking some one to help out on deck and share the trip with No experience necessary, but but some camping/travelling experience would be good. Only expenses are a share of the food costs.

looking to Leave CT about mid june. let me know if you have any questions. should be a pretty cool trip.

Simon, 43, New Zealander, relaxed.
Old 29-06-2014, 18:35   #3

Hi Simon,
I have sent a couple of messages but it looks from my end like they haven't gone through. so if they have I apologize for the duplicate message....if not....
Wondering if you have found crew ....I am very interested in your trip. I am ASA cert. 101-104 and have sailed as crew from Mexico to El Salvador, as well as a few years of basic sailing around northern and southern California. I'm a big outdoors person. Love camping and exploring. would love to explore and sail the East Coast.
look forward to hearing from you.
Vicki
Old 30-06-2014, 02:22   #4

sorry, just abit to late
Old 30-06-2014, 17:23   #5

Hi Vicki
Your timing may be good, I was about to lay up the boat for 10 weeks, but it looks like the sailing trip may go ahead soon. Im In Essex CT, a very cool town.

May be ready to sail in 5 days or so, but will know for sure in 2-3 days.
You can check out the boat and I on FB, C/- dakotanz@hotmail.com

Cheers
Simon
Old 04-07-2014, 16:01   #6

Thanks Simon,
Keep me posted