Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2010, 10:56   #1

Novice, but Location and Schedule Are Entirely Open

Hello,

I'm quite new to sailing, as I haven't sailed since I was 7 (and am now 38). However, I'm relocating to southern California in the very near future... and my circumstances allow a completely open schedule, so I can accomodate anyone's schedule for short or long durations, with no pressing need for me to ever be back to port at any given time. I'm financially independent, so I have no need to return to a regular job. If someone is looking for help on the east coast I'd be willing to fly out... for the right job.

Why would you take a complete novice? I'm willing to work for free for the first couple cruises. I need to learn the ropes. The extent of my knoweldge currently is limited to reading books on sailing, and remembering some terminology and facts that my father taught me when I was young.

However, I'm incredibly passionate about making this my future. I have no greater desire than to start sailing again, and to own my own cruiser in the next year or two. I want to learn the ropes before owning my own boat... so I'm looking for a kind soul that might be willing to take a novice under their wing for a couple cruises so I can learn... while working for next to nothing.

I'm incredibly motivated, very intelligent, willing and eager to learn, and a damn nice guy to be around. I'm entirely drug-free... and am looking for a pleasant enviroment to work in... preferrably a family or a group of folks who have their act together. I'm not interested in living a wild life, so if you're looking for a exciting partier then I'm definately not what you're looking for. I have an intense passion for life, introspection, reading, and the outdoors... and want to crew for/and learn from folks who have similar values. I'm also more than happy to work for free on building/rebuilding a boat, as I'm mainly looking to learn about all aspects of sailing and caring for a cruiser.

If you're located in southern California then I'll have all the time in the world to offer you. If not... we'll have to work out details on traveling and accomodations, which I'm more than happy to pay for/or share expenses on... for the right folks and job.

If you're the least bit interested please drop me a private message and I'd be more than happy to share my phone number so we can chat about the details and get to know one another.

Thanks for reading!