Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-10-2016, 15:40   #1

Boat: Westerly Fulmar 32
November / December up to two weeks

I have some vacation to burn this year and would like some boat time. sailing experience is limited to lakes and chartering out of the BVI <=37'. I have ASA 101 to 105. Technical background, trustworthy e.t.c. For the right trip I can be available anywhere in the world but would prefer to or from the US or UK. I can be flexible and short notice (I have no work trips planned for the remainder of 2016).

If this doesn't work out I may go say hi to the SV Seeker guys...

Old 31-10-2016, 06:31   #2

Boat: bavaria 46 - CharMel
Re: November / December up to two weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven UK View Post
I have some vacation to burn this year and would like some boat time. sailing experience is limited to lakes and chartering out of the BVI <=37'. I have ASA 101 to 105. Technical background, trustworthy e.t.c. For the right trip I can be available anywhere in the world but would prefer to or from the US or UK. I can be flexible and short notice (I have no work trips planned for the remainder of 2016).

If this doesn't work out I may go say hi to the SV Seeker guys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanegowen View Post
58 year old single professional (Kelloggs Cereal Production Manager) in excellent physical condition looking to spend some time on a sailboat and learn the ropes. Can contribute $700, my skills, and will share any other costs (food, fuel, etc.). Easy going, fun to have on a boat, and I'll bring the wine. I can fly anywhere to meet the boat for the above time frame. Thanks Forum Folks for any ideas or suggestions.

Re., Lane
I have a Bavaria 46 in puerto Vallarta.
I have sailed this boat from the med, across the Atlantic, across the Caribbean, to the pacific and up to puerto Vallarta. On approximately November 29, I will be sailing south to Huatulco or perhaps a little further to Chiapas. Am looking for crew, have on board, two paddle boards, kayak, snorkeling gear, etc. Many nice stops along the way.

Old 31-10-2016, 16:02   #3

Charmel
PM sent
Old 31-10-2016, 16:28   #4

Quote:
Charmel
PM sent
I am unsure whether you are asking about the "time" the trip would take or if I somehow didn't get your most recent message.

The trip could easily be done in 14 days. Check the wind direction and you will see that course is "downhill"
Also I have a Volvo 75 horsepower and can make time if needed.
Old 31-10-2016, 18:13   #5

Charmel

Did you get my PM?

Basically if you are interested I can make myself available but we should discuss a couple of things offline, the Personal Message is more secure for exchanging email and phone number info.

My Company and more importantly my Manager are very flexible with time off and flights are not that expensive.

if you would like to speak just answer my Private Message see top right of the screen with a phone number and I'll call you.

Regards Steven
Old 31-10-2016, 18:33   #6

Quote:
Charmel

Did you get my PM?

Basically if you are interested I can make myself available but we should discuss a couple of things offline, the Personal Message is more secure for exchanging email and phone number info.

My Company and more importantly my Manager are very flexible with time off and flights are not that expensive.

if you would like to speak just answer my Private Message see top right of the screen with a phone number and I'll call you.

Regards Steven
My phone number is 5108259038
I am not free to talk tonight but will be tomorrow