Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 16:05   #1

Not Another Crew Available . . .

Ok, so yet another person available to crew.

I'm:
male, 23years old, irish, sailor, scuba diver, rock climber, paddler, mechanical engineer, biker, tinkerer/mechanic and much much more!

I'm pretty much just finished college and looking to get some serious miles under my belt!
my sailing experience is as follows; started sailing 13 years ago,
Ive been a sailing instructor for the last 6 years(during the summer months), Have worked as a "boatman" in a few local clubs; ferrying, antifouling, taking boats out of the water ect
I have a little under 1000 sea miles from STV Asgard 2 (which is now at the bottom of the bay of biscay...wasnt my fault honest) and from sailing friends boats from ireland to france.

So not a whole lot of cruising experience at all, but i certainly know the difference from one end of the boat to the other.

I would also consider myself easy going, enthusiastic (about all things boat related anyway), pretty good at trouble shooting/fixing things/knowledgeable of boats, rigging and engines.

So that's pretty much it i think... hopefully ill be sailing your boat in a matter of days! haha

cheers!
Old 08-09-2011, 17:42   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Re: not another crew available...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesie View Post
Ok, so yet another person available to crew.

I'm:
male, 23years old, irish, sailor, scuba diver, rock climber, paddler, mechanical engineer, biker, tinkerer/mechanic and much much more!

I'm pretty much just finished college and looking to get some serious miles under my belt!
my sailing experience is as follows; started sailing 13 years ago,
Ive been a sailing instructor for the last 6 years(during the summer months), Have worked as a "boatman" in a few local clubs; ferrying, antifouling, taking boats out of the water ect
I have a little under 1000 sea miles from STV Asgard 2 (which is now at the bottom of the bay of biscay...wasnt my fault honest) and from sailing friends boats from ireland to france.

So not a whole lot of cruising experience at all, but i certainly know the difference from one end of the boat to the other.

I would also consider myself easy going, enthusiastic (about all things boat related anyway), pretty good at trouble shooting/fixing things/knowledgeable of boats, rigging and engines.

So that's pretty much it i think... hopefully ill be sailing your boat in a matter of days! haha

cheers!
You have more experiance than 75% of the sailors I know..shouldnt be hard to find a ride..Good luck..DVC

Tags
crew