Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-01-2012, 15:58   #1

Location: Outfitting in Mobile Alabama for a homeward voyage in 2013 to Astoria Oregon - NW Passage or Panama Canal? Depends of crewing interest - North or South?
Boat: 55' steel expedition trawler GREY GOOSE
Northwest Passage 2012 - Open Berths

M/V GREY GOOSE is planning a 10,000 nautical mile voyage to home port in Astoria Oregon 'over-the-top' through the fabled Northwest Passage departing Mobile Alabama May 14th 2012. Yesterday a crewmember had to cancel leaving three open berths out of eight total berths. We are looking for crew to join us and share expenses which are budgeted at $97 per person per day. All surplus funds will be distributed back to the crew upon reaching Astoria Oregon. This is a shared expense voyage.

Persons interested in the entire voyage or portal-to-portal legs of the voyage are requested to contact me ASAP - without a full crew to share expenses for a North voyage we must cancel and sail South during the winter weather season for the Panama Canal to miss the tropical hurricane season around Central America.

Information is available online at MV GREY GOOSE Northwest Passage 2012 Expedition Website

I look forward to your earliest reply.

Smooth seas,

Douglas Pohl
M/V GREY GOOSE
Old 18-01-2012, 22:37   #2

Re: Northwest Passage 2012 - open berths

Sure, hit me up and lets talk about this. i am always up to a grand adventure - and this sounds just like one. shoot me an email at lovingadler*at*gmail*dot*com

Looking forward to hraring from you soon.

Linda
Old 08-07-2012, 09:38   #3

Location: Outfitting in Mobile Alabama for a homeward voyage in 2013 to Astoria Oregon - NW Passage or Panama Canal? Depends of crewing interest - North or South?
Boat: 55' steel expedition trawler GREY GOOSE
Re: Northwest Passage 2012 - Open Berths

Just an update that we will try again for a 2013 'share-the-ride' NW Passage - Interested? You can follow several of the 2012 NWP boats - check greygooseadventures dot com then the NorthwestPassage2012 blog in the sidebar - for details about our 2013 attempt look under the sidebar Voyage References for the NW Passage Details link. Be sure to read the FAQs found towards the bottom of the Details page. Otherwise drop me an email and lets see if your commitment is before our deadline of November 2012 else we will sail for the Panama Canal to be around to San Francisco for the America's Cup Regatta in August 2013.
Standing by
Doug