Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 19:15   #1

Boat: Philip Rhodes 75 Custom
Newport Beach, CA to Auckland, New Zealand

I have previously advertised for crew on our 75' ketch sailing from California to New Zealand. Due to delays in work on the boat we are 6 weeks behind schedule and as a result have lost a crew member. At this stage we are leaving in approx. 2-3 weeks, so if anyone is interested please email me at james at booths dot net dot nz.

Here's the original post with the details:

Hankering for a serious offshore passage?

Our 75' ketch is currently undergoing a major refit in Newport Beach, California. When the work is complete (expected mid-July, but some variability in that) we will be bringing her down to New Zealand. We currently have 3 crew confirmed and require 3 more. The route will be Newport Beach to Tonga (with Hawaii as a possible waypoint), a few days in port in Tonga, and then on to Auckland. We are happy to consider crew just for the USA to Tonga leg.

We are experienced sailors who have spent many years cruising around the world, and we take safety seriously. You will need to have some reasonable experience with offshore sailing, preferably on longer passages. This is going to be a fun trip, but it's not for newbies.

We will cover costs of food, fuel, and general boat expenses. You will need to cover your own costs for getting to Newport Beach and away from Auckland, visas etc, and any on-shore costs. You will need to supply your own life-jacket, harness and weather gear">foul weather gear, etc.

Sound like you? Contact me to find out more.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:08   #2

Re: Newport Beach, CA to Auckland, New Zealand

Have you found crew for this voyage? I'm an experienced delivery crew based in the States looking to make my way to NZ this fall. Let me know if you are interested. My email: seafaress AT gmail dot com.

Cheers-
Old 06-09-2012, 13:22   #3

aloha,
i can be reached at captainwilliamevans@gmail.com
100ton/stcw95/twic/mrop/radar etc..4 transpacs, just delivered a 48 ketch to s.f from maui.
mahalo b.
Old 30-09-2012, 22:46   #4
elp

Hi
Are you still looking for crew?
Old 03-10-2012, 18:24   #5

Hi i am asking just a general question. When travelling by boat from say one country to the next do u have to have visa fro this travel? How does this work? Cheers Troy

Tags
Auckland, newport