Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-08-2010, 08:02   #1

Newby Looking to Crew

Hello to all,
My name is Hunter and I am looking to crew for someone this fall on a sailboat. My son is off to college and I am an emptynester looking for a new adventure. I am taking ASA 101,103,104 the last week of August in Florida and will be available to crew immediately after. I am looking to build sea miles and experience towards my captains license. I am a non drinker,non partier and non smoker(but I am fun). I have a degree in Hotel and Restaurant and can cook. I have worked as a home remodeler for the past 15 years and can fix just about anything. I grew up on Lake Erie with sailboats and motorboats and lived in St. Thomas for two years(I lived through hurricane Hugo)and sailed throughout the USVI and BVI's. I am willing to fly anywhere to meet the boat. Although I have been around boats most of my life(52yrs) I still consider myself a beginner who is willing to learn. I am medic certified with CPR, AED and first aid. I am physically fit and in good health, easy going ,have a lot of common sense, a team player, quick learner and all around nice guy. If I could be of help to anyone please let me know. Thank you.
Old 17-08-2010, 19:30   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Cheoy Lee, 44 Cutter. Dolce Far Niente
Hi, we are looking for someone to help run our 44' Cheoy Lee from North Carolina to Florida in the next 2 weeks. Offshore experience a must. Let us know. Cheers
Old 17-08-2010, 22:12   #3

Hi Rourkeh,
Thank you for the interest. I would love to help you out but I don't think the timing will work out if your going in the next two weeks. I am taking the ASA class from August 28th till September 3rd. Then I have to fly back to Colorado to lock up the house and then I will be available. I am thinking around the 7th to the 10th of September. You can send me an email if you find that might work. Thanks again for the interest. Hunter

hunterwillis at gmail dot com
Old 23-08-2010, 15:34   #4

Boat: Newporter 40 Ketch, Enterprise
Newporter 40

Hunter,

I an trying fo head down the ICW from NE to Fla starting in the third week of September, in an older Newporter 40 ketch. If intersted please post and I will send more information.
geocav

Quote:
Originally Posted by retnuh16502 View Post
Hello to all,
My name is Hunter and I am looking to crew for someone this fall on a sailboat. My son is off to college and I am an emptynester looking for a new adventure. I am taking ASA 101,103,104 the last week of August in Florida and will be available to crew immediately after. I am looking to build sea miles and experience towards my captains license. I am a non drinker,non partier and non smoker(but I am fun). I have a degree in Hotel and Restaurant and can cook. I have worked as a home remodeler for the past 15 years and can fix just about anything. I grew up on Lake Erie with sailboats and motorboats and lived in St. Thomas for two years(I lived through hurricane Hugo)and sailed throughout the USVI and BVI's. I am willing to fly anywhere to meet the boat. Although I have been around boats most of my life(52yrs) I still consider myself a beginner who is willing to learn. I am medic certified with CPR, AED and first aid. I am physically fit and in good health, easy going ,have a lot of common sense, a team player, quick learner and all around nice guy. If I could be of help to anyone please let me know. Thank you.
Old 23-08-2010, 16:45   #5

Boat: 58 Taswell AS
Sign up on the crew list for the Caribbean 1500 (carib1500.com). You may get a ride from Hampton, VA to Tortola in November.
Old 25-08-2010, 05:17   #6

Geocav, I would be very interested in helping you bring your boat down. I'll be in the pacific northwest sailing until around the 14th.Saw some pics of the Newporters...there beautiful. Send me an email with the details. Thank you
Old 25-08-2010, 05:22   #7

Speciald@ocens, Thank you for the information. I will sign up.