Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2014, 10:41   #1

Newbie looking to get experience

So I finally decided to quit my job and move to key west and live with my friend aboard his sailboat. I'm really trying to find some work on a sailing vessel, but seeing as I have no experience sailing (can't even take his sailboat out due to destroyed sails), no one will even consider me. So I'm looking for someone who needs a deckhand. Volunteering or paid work, doesn't matter to me. I just really need to get myself started with some documentable sailing experience. I can cook, not a gourmet chef or anything, I'll clean everything from the top of the mast to the bilge, haven't done electrical or mechanical work in a while besides fixing the dinghy engine when it breaks down, but I can relearn some things fast. I know I have to do the **** jobs while I learn, but that doesn't bother me. I can travel anywhere provided I can get sent back to key west, length of travel time isn't really an issue, I can be away for a couple months. 24 years old and I have the energy and drive to really learn everything I can. PM me if you have anything serious coming up that I can come along for.
Old 07-07-2014, 17:10   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Valiant 40 (1975)
Re: Newbie looking to get experience

How come none of these people never show up in Oregon?

Tags
enc