Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-06-2012, 09:55   #1

New Zealand to Fiji and back

I am looking for crew to assist me sail my yacht, an Oyster56 from Auckland New Zealand to Fiji and back end August to middle September 2012
Please email me if interested, with cv of experience

Old 29-06-2012, 00:46   #2
OYD

Re: New Zealand to Fiji and back

Hi Don,

PLease tell me more about the trip, I can assit you from skippering to crew work, Im based in Auckland. Give me a call 022 139729 if you are interested. Regards James

Old 29-06-2012, 03:14   #3

Dear James

Thank you for the response. I am not looking for professional crew who need to be paid but rather people who are looking for adding sea miles or bluewater expearience. I will cover all onboard expenses. You would have to get yourself to the boat.
The rough plan is to sail end August from Auckland to Opua, then take the weather window to sail to Suva in Fiji, where we would spend 3/4 days relaxing and getting the boat back in shape for the return trip. This would be the reverse of the outbound trip

Rgds

Don
Old 29-06-2012, 03:19   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to jasonk

Hi Don. I'm a formally trained chef with my Canadian Red Seal certification. I have acquired levels 101 through 105 with the American Sailing Association. I have the STCW '95 (Northeast Maritme Institute, Fair Haven, Mass.), and I wrote and passed the USCG OUVP Captain's license exams (Seaschool, Panama City, FL). I also have my open water diving certification. Despite not having a lot of sea time I know I could be a valuable member to your team. I would have to re-learn some things, mostly the electronics, but I'm an ambitious guy, I love to learn and, most importantly, I learn fast. I started taking the ASA certifications just because I was curious, but it turned into a fascination and a love of the sea.

I'm 46 years old, I live clean, I'm respectful of others, and I love to learn. In fact, what this trip represents to me is an incredible opportunity to learn. I obviously know how to take instruction/orders, and my commitment to sailing, through all of my courses, I believe, makes me an excellent candidate.

Sincerely,

JK
Toronto, Canada
Old 30-06-2012, 15:29   #5

Boat: Arber 14m Sou'easter

Hi Don,
I could be interested if enough down time in Fiji was part of the plan...have done offshore several times including Tahiti To Tonga(have a reference) and a lot of coastal cruising/racing ...plus own my own boat which I will take offshore next season..done coastal medic and can be countedon when times get tough..
Call me on 027 6238366 if interested .. Cheers Paul
Old 05-07-2012, 17:25   #6

Hi Don. Interested in your return voyage to Fiji. I am 58, recently sold my business (and feeling re-born)
Currently sail small boats in Nelson/Tasman NZ.Have been Noumea return, raced and cruised coastal. Have run marine salvage, repair and painting for 5 years plus other marine related - Electronic sales, haul out travel lift operator.
Easy going and willing (usually the first mug to dive the prop or unblock the head!) Cheers Rex
Old 11-07-2012, 09:23   #7

Hi Rex

I am interested in your response. My basic plan is to fly into Auckland about the middle of August, get the boat ready and then sail weather window permitting on about the 18th August. The trip should take about 10 days or so to get to Suva in Fiji, where we will only spend a couple of days before returning to Auckland. We should be back by the 10th of Sep. If this suits you we could talk further
Rgds
Don
Old 12-07-2012, 02:37   #8

Hi Don. The timeframe suits me. I have the usual questions re boat, experiance and other crew numbers.
I guess you can PM me? thanks. Rex
Old 22-07-2012, 17:26   #9

Hi Don,

I have just recently joind this forum and found you add. If you are still looking for a person to fill out youre crew I would love to join! I have been on boats before and am an open water certified diver. I prety much have no sailing experence but am fully capable of the challenge. By mid August I would have completed my STCW 95, aswell as a St Johns first aid course. I am able to get the time off for the trip and can eaisly get myself to youre boat in Auckland. My cell is 0273597005, i would really apreciate a call even if youre boat is full. Thankyou, Mike
Old 23-07-2012, 10:11   #10

Hi Don,

I am not sure if you have already found crew but certainly would be interested in talking with you. I am a recent college grad (Georgetown U) from Maryland. I am an avid waterman and sailor. If you are still in need of crew and interested in talking please send me an email at htv@georgetown.edu. Look forward to hearing back from you.

Henry
Old 29-08-2012, 22:49   #11

Hello Don,

We know your only looking for one but we are three girls looking for adventures, we're small and don't take up much room!! One of us has some experience, other two has limited! Please send an email to this address msskull13@gmail.com!! Thank you!!!

Tags
Fiji