Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-05-2014, 10:52   #1

New to Sailing

Hi All, I am 57 years old and just found my sea legs.I live in Port Charlotte Fl. and I am hoping to get some sailing under my belt. If anyone is in need of a fit and handy newcomer I would love to take a trip.

Thank You
Jim
Old 20-05-2014, 12:57   #2

Boat: Norm Cross 28 Tri, Hobie Miracle 20, Hobie trifoiler, Condor-40
Re: New to Sailing

Aloha Jim,

We are about the same age and I have a Condor-40 Trimaran up in the Chesapeake. I plan on solo sailing beginning about June 20 to explore the bay for the summer. If you are interested in joining me for some experience, I would consider having you aboard. This is a non-paid opportunity and in fact I would be asking whomever joins me to share some of the daily operating expenses: food, mooring fees if any, very simple stuff. I do not expect any contribution towards vessel maintenance other than elbow grease. You would have to provide your own transportation to/from Baltimore BWI which is a short car ride from parts of the bay.

I have extensive sailing/racing experience and recently completed my USCG 100 license. This could be an excellent learning opportunity. Drop me a note if interested. No smoking or drugs aboard.

Best to get me by phone/text at 808 seven seven two 2133 (Hawaii time, don't call too early please)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0855.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	405.7 KB
ID:	81642  
Old 21-05-2014, 08:51   #3

Boat: Najad 34. 1979

Hey Jim!

We are searching for a crew member to join us on our journey across the Atlantic from Boston to Irland in about two weeks.

Read more about us, and our boat in this forum post: http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...nd-126504.html

Sincerly Golden Orchid
Old 22-05-2014, 14:12   #4

Wish I could,,,to busy right now for any long trips,,would love some short two or three day trips

Jim
Old 22-05-2014, 15:04   #5

Boat: A good boat

Hello Jmac
If you are interested, as soon as the first tropical cyclone at the eastern Pacific passes, I take of Acapulco to Huatulco, which is a 242 miles trip (2 days). Next I will leave to Puerto Madero through the Gulf of Tehuantepec, also a 247 miles trip (another 2 days). You will have to fund your ticket to Acapulco and back home, as also give a hand on board. You will train some sailing and navigation and have an interesting along shore sailing... Let me know soon, I am leaving beginning next week after storm passes...
Old 23-05-2014, 04:19   #6

Hi Greg, I can't post personal messages yet. I tried to write back but the site tells me I am to new. Can you email me, I would like to talk some more about what you have planned
Thank You
Jim
jmac2579@yahoo.com
Old 12-06-2014, 08:49   #7

Boat: Leopard 48' Cat

SY Blossom is looking for crew to leave late next week from St Thomas for Miami

48' Leopard Cat 2013 very well equipped - 6/7 day passage- can extend stay in South Florida

Please reply if you are interested for more details?????

Tags
sail, sailing