Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-09-2011, 16:10   #1

Boat: Bayfield 29 Cutter
New Jersey to Anywhere South

Hi again.

Looking for some real sailing experience. I have read and researched but you can only learn so much from reading. I am young and able bodied, can follow orders well, and i don't need much in the form of luxury. I will pay for my provisions. I am looking for anyone heading south from New Jersey. My goal is to reach St. Augustine, FL and locate "Seaworthy Solutions" a company run by XSboats here on the forum. I am sure i can help you if you are heading that way and i dont cost a thing.

thanks for reading.
Old 21-09-2011, 17:22   #2

Boat: Endeavour 35
Re: New Jersey to anywhere south.

We are headed south and may need a hand, tell me about you?
Old 21-09-2011, 17:35   #3

Boat: Mason 43
Re: New Jersey to anywhere south.

I am headed to Norfolk from Sandy Hook next week and after about two weeks will be going to St. Augustine. PM me if you are interested.
Old 22-09-2011, 15:24   #4

Boat: 1983 Gulfstar 36
Re: New Jersey to Anywhere South

I am leaving for FL after the boat show">Annapolis boat show. My wife must stay for Health issues but will join me in late December. I am looking for a crewmember for ICW and outside (weather permitting) . I have done this over a dozen times.

"Yes, well.. perhaps some more wine" (Julia Child)
Old 22-09-2011, 18:17   #5

Boat: Bayfield 29 Cutter
Re: New Jersey to Anywhere South

(this is a response to the post to tell about me)

My name is Paul Jewell and i am 19 currently. Me and My family have been a little different for a while now. I was home-schooled through high school and don't plan to attend college anytime soon. For the last two years i have been saving up money from the local job market to find a place for training in any kind of boat work while also being a liveaboard. My mom fully supports me doing whatever i feel a calling for. About a month ago i got a positive response from scott at "Seaworthy solutions" That he would take me in as an apprentice, and better yet, let me stay on one of his boats while i trained! The problem is, even though i called him numerous times he would never answer. One day i found out why, he had been offshore for work. The day he called me back naturally i was not there, so for the last 2 weeks again i cannot reach him. Instead of calling him forever, i intend to simply move to St Augustine and find him, even if i have to wait.

Ever since the time i got excited about sailing about 2 years ago in key largo, i have been researching all i can on the internet and at the library. While i understand almost all the concepts pretty well by now, i admit i lack experience in actually going out and cruising. I hope this will not be a problem and i can learn to adapt quickly. I will do whatever you need me to, but i am letting you know in advance that i have never done it before. If you decide to help me anyway, it means a lot.

thank you for reading.

Tags
new jersey