Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2011, 16:12   #1

Boat: Pacific Seacraft 37
Need Two Crew for Cabo San Lucas to Seattle Sail

I need 2 crew to help sail my boat back from Cabo San Lucas (Mexico) to Seattle, WA. in April 2012.

I can split up the trip into shorter legs if needed: Cabo to San Diego approx 800 nm (April 1 to April 15); San Diego to San Francisco approx 400 nm (April 15 to April 30); San Francisco to Seattle approx 800 nm (May 1 to May 15).

Crew must have experience sailing offshore and standing watch. Must have personal sailing gear (foulweather gear, and sleeping bag). Non-smokers only, no alcohol while away from dock. No drugs on boat. References required.

Food, beverages, berth provided at no cost.

Transporation to and from dock is not provided. Crew is responsible for transporatation to Cabo San Lucas and back from Seattle.

Description of vessel:

1993 37-foot Pacific Seacraft Cutter. Double Vee berth in seperate cabin, main salon has 2 berths. One head.

Extensive re-fit in 2011 to prepare for sea: new standing and running rigging; new hard dodger and canvas; re-cut sails; new lifelines, preventer, jack lines, windlass, rudder packing, new wisker pole control lines, thru-hulls inspected, new electronics, new mast wiring, engine overhaul (2009).

Sail inventory: Storm trys'l, main, 120 genoa, asym spinnaker, wisker pole.

Contact me thru this thread if interested.
Old 25-07-2011, 09:30   #2

Boat: Pacific Seacraft 37
Wanted 2 Crew. April 2012 Cabo San Lucas to Seattle

I'm still looking for 2 crew...Cabo San Lucas to Seattle.

April 2012.

About boat...

1993 Pacific Seacraft 37 (aka. Crealock 37). Extensive re-fit to prepare for sea (including new standing and running rigging).
Safety gear: EPIRB's (2), new 4 person offshore liferaft, (2) GPS, new VHF with DSC, Chart Plotter, Satellite Weather, Ham Radio, new inflatable, new flare kit, boom preventers.

Berths (3), head (1), no seperate cabins so forget any privacy.

Sails: Genoa, Staysy'l, main, storm trys'l.

About me...

I will be sailing in Mexico from about November 2011 to January 2012.
I work for the City of Seattle and I am taking a sabbatical from work so I can go sailing. My son will join me in Mexico but he has to go back to school in January, that's why I need to find crew to sail the boat back.
I've been sailing in the Pacific Northwest for about 10 years...most of my sailing experience so far is coastal (with 25 miles of shore), inside passage from Seattle to Desolation Sound and the Broughton's (BC Canada). I also sailed in Chesapeak Bay in the late 1970's.

I am 50+ years old, non-smoker, married, 1 son, active in Boy Scouts of America, education Masters Degree in Marine Science. Employed as an Oracle Database Administrator for City of Seattle.
Old 25-07-2011, 11:06   #3

Boat: 1987 C&C 35 MK3
Re: Need Two Crew for Cabo San Lucas to Seattle Sail

I am interested in crewing for you. I an experienced sailor, am a great cook, and a registered nurse. I'm also a database and applications guy having built several medical software applications. Look forward to hearing from you. RWC.
Old 17-09-2011, 13:38   #4

Hi, We are interested in crewing for you from San Diego to San Francisco in April,2012. Wolf, my husband has extensive sailing experience, has sailed to Hawaii from B.C., from San Francisco to San Diego, numerous trips leading the sea scouts in BC for a week at a time. I am still learining the ropes but do as I am told and I like to cook. We are planning to sail around the world when we retire. Wolf has his masters in Business and we live in Bellingham. We are both over 50 and easy going, respectful sailors.
Thanks,
Susan and Wolf
sarthurlv@yahoo.com
Old 23-09-2011, 11:39   #5

Hello, I am interested in crewing on your boat, possibly accompanied by my wife.
We are sailing to Cabo in October, which will be our first offshore/long distance experience. So we are not veteran sailors, but we still have much to offer. My wife is an amazing cook, for starters. I am a weldor, fabricator, mechanic, electronics tech that can fix pretty much anything. We were wondering, are you sailing down with the Baja Ha Ha? If so, we may meet you in October. At any rate, if you are interested, we hope to hear from you. We are both mid-30's, non-smokers, responsible fun people.

Adam & Ngozi
Old 08-11-2011, 12:40   #6

Craig, I am interested in your sailing plan. My "World Crusing Route" book mentions that May/June is the best time. It also mentions that you will have mostly head winds going back. If you have ever beat into wind and waves for days on end you know this is not the most desireable way to travel.I assume you will have extra halyards and sails. Have you made this trip before? Please tell me about it if you have. Thank you !! John
Old 07-12-2011, 15:57   #7

Boat: In between boat ownership

Craig,

You probably know everything I don't about ocean sailing.

I'm willing and able and free for as long as necessary. I have some ocean experience but more on the Chesapeake Bay with my own Columbia 27, Catalina 37 and seeking a Morgan 45 for San Diego sailing. I'm an architect, real estate developer and chemical manufacturing company owner. I want to build my off-shore sailing resume. I'm a healthy, young 63 and 6'-2". I have spent a fair amount of time working on boats including standing and running rigging, winch rebuilds, sail repair, deck and hull repairs, engine and plumbing repair and bottom cleaning. I've also spent a fair amount of time getting off tidal mud flats and sand bars:-)

Let me know if an extra crew is needed.

Kim
Ph: 602-315-8368

Tags
crew, sail, seattle