Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 15:01   #1

Boat: Beneteau Idylle 13.5, C&C 31, and Windrider 16
Need day sailing partner(s) near Oriental NC

I have recently purchased a 31 Dufour and she is located in Merrit NC which is very near to Oriental.

My wife is NOT a sailing fan so I am looking for someone to sail with for day sails and maybe short overnight trips in the Pamlico Sound.

No experience is required but of course would prefer it. I could bring a couple along and let them (you) have the forward berth.

Drop me a line
Old 13-10-2013, 08:54   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to Ctmlupi RYA
Re: Need day sailing partner(s) near Oriental NC

Hi,
Can be interested.
I will be in SC for some days and after I can move everywhere.
I have to organize my logistic, so, if is ok for you, write me some more particular at
Ernesto dot giancotti hat gmail com
I have some experience and a Yachtmaster offshore cert.
Bye
Ernesto
Old 13-10-2013, 09:28   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Hey, I know you(talked to you on the phone once) I have seen your boats everyday for a few months now! I have taken ownership of the Cannon mills property and will soon start a Biomass-Pyrolysis operation in your front yard!!(going to clean up that mess!!yeeha!) I have a boat at Lake Norman(been sailing approx.every weekend for a 2 month period,good winds along hwy 150 mid day on) and one at TopSail island,same problem you have with the lady folk... I will be there(mill site) most days next week ,I will come over and introduce myself...Fair winds
Old 14-10-2013, 19:54   #4

Tropical Escape. I am on the boat now but my wife is holding down the fort, stop in and chat with her. Have you talked to the planning and zoning folks about your plans at the Mill site and do you know about the Eviromental Impact study that needs to be done? There were several hazardous chemical spills on the property and it has not been given the green light for ANY development. Robert Lupton has kept this a secret. Let the buyer beware!!!
Old 15-10-2013, 06:16   #5
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsey View Post
Tropical Escape. I am on the boat now but my wife is holding down the fort, stop in and chat with her. Have you talked to the planning and zoning folks about your plans at the Mill site and do you know about the Eviromental Impact study that needs to be done? There were several hazardous chemical spills on the property and it has not been given the green light for ANY development. Robert Lupton has kept this a secret. Let the buyer beware!!!
yea(chris/city) did a phase one ,Have letter of "no further action" on one REC and have cetificate of remedy on another, Might have to remove a section 14' x 28' x8'..good thing is it is a "historicly low emitter" and all asbestos has been "abated" ...will work as long as I dont have to haul off much.. (will not waive the "tipping fees" for us, only the city!! I think I established a precedent by getting the county and the city to see "eye to eye" on something,maybe we can all move forward, together, as long as we present a "united front" and get this resolved) We plan on hiring local and will create at least 5 full time and as many more part time jobs and of course we will use "good steward of the earth practices" while processing the carbon based material...Bobs been open with us and told us to make sure we "did our due diligance"....I will stop by and say high to the wife ,when your back home we should get together at the lake and "smoke all this over" I dont know why I keep taking own such reponsabilitys, what I really want to do is "Hit the open ocean"..oh well, moneys not a bad thing..see ya....good luck
Old 18-10-2013, 18:52   #6

Boat: Searay, runabout, 21'

Hey Birdsey,
Sorry I did not respond sooner. On 10-18-13 I signed in on cruisers forum and saw your response for only a few seconds and it disappeared. I did not have a chance to read it. Can you e-mail me and repeat your post there? abwhitley@carolina.rr.com I'm 53 yo male near Charlotte looking to gain sailing experience and in general just have some fun on the water.
Old 19-10-2013, 21:31   #7

Birdsey, I'm a 65 year-old but healthy, retiree, certified through ASA-104. I live in Raleigh, and have done some sailing out of Washington and New Bern in the past few years. I'm scheduled to be on a sailing trip to the BVI from 4 - 22 November, but after that, if you need some crew, give me a call. You can contact me at email moorebrucem(at)earthlink(dot)net. Fair winds. Bruce
Old 20-10-2013, 05:27   #8

Hi Bruce,,
Do you need someone to carry your snorkeling equipment to the BVI? ha ha

That sounds good. I don't know how much sailing will be done in late November till spring but I will def keep your info and give you a call. I drive right around Raleigh on my wasy to the boat from Salisbury!

Garth
Old 26-10-2013, 14:43   #9

I live in Richmond, VA, and have always wanted to sail out of Oriental. If you give me enough lead time, I can always arrange to sail with you.
Old 26-10-2013, 16:23   #10

Hello Dcortes,

That sounds good. How much heads up would you need to be ready and can you do mid week?
Old 28-10-2013, 15:44   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsey View Post
I have recently purchased a 31 Dufour and she is located in Merrit NC which is very near to Oriental. My wife is NOT a sailing fan so I am looking for someone to sail with for day sails and maybe short overnight trips in the Pamlico Sound. No experience is required but of course would prefer it. I could bring a couple along and let them (you) have the forward berth. Drop me a line
I also need someone a sailing buddy. I have a Pearson 365 in Oriental . Wife works still. I was in the Navy on a amphibious cargo ship. I talk better than I write. Least that's what my professors said.
Old 28-10-2013, 19:15   #12

Hello Ketch365,

My last ship was a Marine Amphibious Assault ship, LHD 3! Your Pearson is probably newer AND nicer than mine. We should hook up and sail!

Garth
Old 28-10-2013, 20:27   #13

Boat: 1986 CS 30
Send a message via Yahoo to Hank Kivett

I keep mine at Northwest creek in New Bern and i too have been looking for a sailing partner...sounds like this could work for both...I am going to be at the gathering in New Bern this week for the southeren crusing event
Old 29-10-2013, 04:35   #14

Hi Hank,

Maybe we should try and get an informal little group together of people who are interested in sailing and/or could use a deckhand!! I am getting a few inquiries of people in the area and I am sure it is just a drop in the bucket!

Does anyone know of a Facebook page or other place where their is already a group of sailors around the Oriental/New Bern area looking for crew or people that would like to go sailing?

I am tempted to start a Facebook group but need to do some research first so I am not duplicating efforts.

Garth Birdsey
Old 29-10-2013, 04:55   #15

OK guys and girls, here it is. If you are wanting to sail here is the Facebook group I just started. I don't know why I didn't thing about this before now!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/528046490615406/

Carolina Sailors

Garth

Tags
day sailing, sail, sailing