Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-09-2007, 09:20   #1

Need crew?...or just some company?

Hello,

I'm looking for anyone seeking extra crew/company in hopes of gaining more experience on the water. Have ASA certs etc (big deal, I know), but am a hard worker and LOVE all aspects of sailing...especially learning. I'm easy going & fun, good crew member and will obviously share expenses.

Personal goal is to be cruising at least p/t or maybe f/t (preferably on a cat) in 1-2 yrs, so gaining experience is a priority now (mono or multi works!).

My schedule is somewhat flexible (depending on time of year) so I can potentially join someone for 1-4 weeks at a time. I'm open to any location in the carib...BVIs just tend to be a little easier to get to from the states..but I do love the Grenadines

Thank you in advance.
Old 22-09-2007, 07:58   #2
Senior Cruiser

Boat: 1980 Endeavour 43 (Ketch)
cb - I moved your post to this section - specifically for crew wanted or offered. I might also suggest that you add a bit to your profile - specifically where in the states you are. While you might like to crew out in the BVI or Grenadines, but you will more likely find local folk looked for crew - good way to build your 'resume' and experience levels.

You can add to your profile by clicking on the word "PROFILE" at the top right of this screen (in the banner menu).
Old 14-02-2008, 08:27   #3

Boat: Morgan 45 'Fidelis'
Still looking for crewing opportunities?
Old 14-02-2008, 08:58   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Research vessel for a university, retired now.
Don't know where you are but if you are in the SF Bay Area you can get on the Latitude 38 crew list. In fact, you don't have to be in the Bay Area but it helps.

Look around in your area for crew lists. I would try Googling it.

Life begins where land ends.
Old 18-02-2008, 17:04   #5

Thanks for the posts...

S/V Elusive's suggestions, I'm located in Crested Butte, CO (hence cbcat). Being that we have a rather long winter season here, I would prefer to sail in warmer climates, but beggars can't be choosers! If I could be picky I would love to join someone in the windwards (Granada, ABCs?), S. Pacific, Mexico, L. America etc.

As I mentioned in my original post, the main objective here is to gain time and experience on the water. Aside from just joining someone in a given area for cruising, I would be equally interested in crewing on a passage. Again, I have some flexibility in travel time (self-employed and we have "off-seasons" here).

I'd love to hear back from any interested parties and feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss a specific opportunity.

Thanks in advance!