Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 06:11   #1

Boat: no boat
Need crew for Pacific passage? I need to escape!

I'm looking to crew for a responsible captain headed for Hawaii or New Zealand. I have some experience with long, off-shore sail trips with plenty of navigating and watchstanding, day and night, some really nasty weather, also some fun trips around Maui on a friends tri-maran. I also worked professionally as crew on dive/sportfish boats out of Maui and crewed on a large motor yacht that went from the Dominican Republic to the Med and Adriatic for charters.
I'm currently land locked back in the Midwest, out of work and living with family. I'd been taking yacht courses and looking for more yacht work in Ft Lauderdale until I ran out of money. I left Maui a year ago last March and have done close to 10,000 miles at sea since leaving. I'd like to continue the experience/ mile-making and possibly get back to my old home in Hawaii. I'm also up for a New Zealand trip, if someone needs good, strong crew. I would love to go see my Kiwi friends I worked with on the yacht and lived with in Ft Lauderdale.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:28   #2

Boat: Stevens 47
Check my post and email me pronto!