Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2014, 06:25   #16

Boat: Tartan 30
Re: NC area, available hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMdRSailor View Post
Wowsa...I don't know what's creepier... Me or the ad profiling
Just curious, what IS the age of consent there in Mississippi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMdRSailor View Post
Electrical expertise as in:
3. Why is it dark in here?
Funny course of corrections & progress thus far...I had some lights on starboard, and none on port side. Ripped apart lower "roof" over port settee and repaired/replaced some wiring, eliminating the splice for a crappy overhead fan (suspecting that to be main culprit). Also replaced bulbs and a switch on un-working starboard fixtures...and success... except for the new switch. Then, I had the brilliant idea to re-integrate the crappy fan at a splice that I'd end-capped.

Then, fuse (cabin lights DC) started popping. And kept popping...

Now, I'm back to just the oil lamp. Grrr.

The goods news, however, is that I've wired the radar dome and MFD. All that remains there is to get out in the water (away from all those land reflections and isolate on an identifiable bouy) and fine-tune its orientation.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:59   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flem.S.Coyle View Post
Just curious, what IS the age of consent there in Mississippi?

We think high school sophomores (16) are able to make that level headed decision... But if you really want to leave your Scooby Doo lunchbox behind... you can get married at 15 with yer parent's X on the dotted line...

Interestingly enough it's the older generation that was subject to the more backwards Mississippi than anything...

Prohibition was repealed in....???? 1966... That's right... It was illegal to console yourself with a toddy for JFK's assassination, or celebrate having a dream about a mountain top... Our county was DRY until 2 years ago, which now saves me shizzit load of fuel not having to drive an hour away for my bourbee...

Even funnier... If you didn't possess a willie behind your zipper... Forget about voting until... 1984....

Funny course of corrections & progress thus far...I had some lights on starboard, and none on port side. Ripped apart lower "roof" over port settee and repaired/replaced some wiring, eliminating the splice for a crappy overhead fan (suspecting that to be main culprit). Also replaced bulbs and a switch on un-working starboard fixtures...and success... except for the new switch. Then, I had the brilliant idea to re-integrate the crappy fan at a splice that I'd end-capped.

Then, fuse (cabin lights DC) started popping. And kept popping...

Sounds like there's a combination of high resistance in your:
1. Connections, including battery, breaker, buss... anywhere all the way to the end load on the circuit... too many, or poorly done...
2. Bad breaker
3. Loads are higher than they are supposed to be, bad components or wrong bulbs
4. Wrong size wire...

Get yourself one of these... It will make you way smarter...
MASTECH MS2108A 400 AC DC Current Clamp Meter - Dc Amp Clamp Meter - Amazon.com

Now, I'm back to just the oil lamp. Grrr.

The goods news, however, is that I've wired the radar dome and MFD. All that remains there is to get out in the water (away from all those land reflections and isolate on an identifiable bouy) and fine-tune its orientation.

That's awesome man!!!
Carry on skipper !

Mai Tai's fix everything...
Old 18-10-2014, 19:21   #18

Boat: 33 ft Morgan oi

Doing some rehab to a 44 CSY in Kentucky, then heading south down the Tennessee river to the Tombigbee river to fl. all the exposure you can handle. lol
working on the boat now till November then leaving first of November. the most fun you could find.