Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-04-2011, 07:56   #1

pirate Navy Veteran (35) Looking to Sail with You from South Africa

I am a 35 year old male with extensive NAVY experience. As in the military type of Navy. I've also done 4 tours in Iraq. I have been aboard ships bigger than some cities for several years. I am looking to get onto some smaller craft and head from anywhere in South Africa (I can meet you at any port but I am currently outside of Johannesburg) to All points EAST for an undetermined amount of time. I am flexible in every fashion, and have no solid plan other than getting back on the water. I could sail indefinitely depending on comraderie, trust, etc etc. I can take off any time after APRIL 15th, and would love to hear from you.

I was a communications officer in the Navy/Marines, so I know my way around electronics a bit, and I also have quite a bit of GPS, radio and navigation experience. I'm also a certified/experienced water survival, womens self defense, and land navigation instructor amongst other things.

I don't do drugs, I love to laugh, I do tell completely unbelievable and hilarious stories about the 35 countries I've been to, and have been known to sip a glass of wine or two. (I do not drink at sea though) If you want someone that is smart, fun, strong, trustworthy, quick on their feet and fun to be around, I would be that person.

I don't require pay and can pay my own way within a budget.

I am used to pulling my own weight. I work hard, and have no issues pulling watch all night etc etc.

I have been aboard boats and ships all of my life. I know my way around a boat and the ocean is more comfortable to me than land is. I am also Merchant Marine Certified. (Expires this month)

I am not a complainer. I work through problems and have always been known for a fun positive attitude.

I have been known to cook (I make a delicious lasagna), I clean, and I am mechanically inclined amongst other skills. I have extensive carpentry experience. I am currently studying/trying to learn to use a Sextant. I love playing with radios and experimenting with radio antennas etc.

Drop me a line....

Drop me a line at JFafrica1 a t hotmail dot com I spelled it like that to avoid junk mail.
Old 24-06-2011, 06:17   #2

Re: Navy Veteran (35) Looking to Sail with You from South Africa

I just re-read my ad, and I would seriously want to sail with me on board. Oh, did I mention I am an amateur magician. It's true. I've even been to magician college. Hey don't laugh, this stuff comes in handy with customs agents! :-)

Tags
Africa, sail, South Africa