Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 16:27   #1

Boat: Cal 34
Midwest to Bahamas

I do not have a lot of sailing experience, but I am smart, capable and always seeking new adventures. I'm an expert in both weather and navigation and I figure I'll have plenty of sailing experience by the end of the trip.
I'm sick of northern winters and have wanted to get out of here for the winter for too long, and now it's time to make it happen.
I have an O'Day 27' in Dubuque, IA and a Cal 34' on Lake Michigan, and am going to take one of the boats down the rivers and over to the Bahamas.
I'm looking to find a creative, easy going, competent and responsible person who is looking to make life an adventure. Good sailing skills would be a huge bonus starting somewhere around Mobile Alabama.
Want to leave near the beginning of November. If you are interested please PM me. Thanks!
Old 05-10-2013, 21:45   #2

Boat: 19' Lightning
Re: Midwest to Bahamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeki View Post
I do not have a lot of sailing experience, but I am smart, capable and always seeking new adventures. I'm an expert in both weather and navigation and I figure I'll have plenty of sailing experience by the end of the trip.
I'm sick of northern winters and have wanted to get out of here for the winter for too long, and now it's time to make it happen.
I have an O'Day 27' in Dubuque, IA and a Cal 34' on Lake Michigan, and am going to take one of the boats down the rivers and over to the Bahamas.
I'm looking to find a creative, easy going, competent and responsible person who is looking to make life an adventure. Good sailing skills would be a huge bonus starting somewhere around Mobile Alabama.
Want to leave near the beginning of November. If you are interested please PM me. Thanks!

Best get stahted soon Cap, rivahs and lakes will soon be frozen. If you want my 2 cents I would take the Cal rathah than the O'Day. You'll get moyah interest from crew with a biggah boat and when you get to salt watah, the biggah boat will serve you much bettah. My undahstanding of the Cal 34 is that it is a stuhdy vessel certainly capable of crossing the stream, weathah pahmitting. Stick to the "ditch" from New Yawk when you head south unless you get a few days with good conditions that will allow you to sail off shoyah toward Florida. Good luck to ya.
Old 07-10-2013, 14:17   #3

Boat: C & C 32' 1984

Interested, have coastal sailing experience off Long Island NY. Currently own a 32 " C&C that I am refitting for 2014 trip to the Carribean. Retired. Familiar with mechanicals and electronics. navigation, and seamanship Have previously owned 30'Hunter and 35' Endeavour
Could you please provide specifics, my cell # is 631-949-4306 email johnpcharles1@gmail.com
John
Old 04-11-2013, 12:50   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to Aspenpowskia

cheeki,

Am available now thru Thanksgiving. Be in touch if you still need somebody!
Old 05-11-2013, 17:04   #5

Boat: 45'=not anymore
Send a message via Skype™ to xxuxx

Go with the Cal 34 and "OH by the way.......its gettin late and frozen water called ice will be appearing shortly. Get a move on lil doggie!!! LOL
Old 05-11-2013, 17:24   #6

Boat: Nothing large at the moment

You are way late starting. I suggest coming down the rivers from Chicago. Then coastal to the Keys. You may or may not make it to the Bahamas but at least you will be warm.

Tags
Bahamas