Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 08:45   #16

Re: Mexico to South Pacific

I dont get it haha? hmmm
Old 01-09-2011, 14:21   #17

Boat: CSY44 Walkover

Bangkaboat just started the motor. Haha. Check your PM Carmen, There is about as much as I can tell you at present.
Gravel
Old 01-09-2011, 14:59   #18

Boat: looking

Quote:
Gravel: G'day All, I am looking to Sail from Mexico, March/April. Will be heading to the South Pacific and looking to take a year, maybe more to reach Oz for a start. Seeking crew with good sense of humour more than a lot of experience, which I have little of either. Boat is CSY 44 . Looking for easy going good company. Inspire you with confidence? hahaha. No more plans than that.
Hmmm, sounds like a party boat to me.

Quote:
Carmen Gee: Hi I am an 18 year old girl... and looking for some fun sailing, I am a surfer and Kitesurfer and would preferably sail in places that have spots to surf and kite as well as warm sunny weather, Mexico to South Pacific sounds lovely and i have no plans from feb onwards.
Hmmm, sounds like 1st mate material to Gravel.

Sorry, Carmen, my sense of humour has no bounds!
We're on our way down to Mexico (Sea of Cortez) at the end of Sep & will be heading west & south about the same time as "Gravel". So, if you sign on with Gravel & feel you might need a chaperone, my wife will be happy to swing the cat when necessary!
More seriously, Carmen, I'd suggest replacing the "18 year old girl" with "young veteran sailor" until you can better assess the prospective captain's intentions. Just a thought.

Gravel, "senior cruiser" denotes an individual who has less hair & teeth and is generally shaped more like a pear, than when he/she joined these forums! This individual's profile picture is usually from some long-forgotten time period, or is a caricature(bet you didn't think I knew/could spell that word!) of what is in his/her heart, rather than what denotes his/her actual physical appearance.... of course, I speak only for myself!
Old 01-09-2011, 15:05   #19

Boat: Prout Event 34
Send a message via Skype™ to Aussie_Sequoia

Well... I'll see you all down in the C of C and along the way back to Oz! Woot!
Old 01-09-2011, 23:33   #20

Boat: Westerly 43

Hi Gravel,
I'd be interested in crewing for you for a month or two sometime next year. I'm based in Oz and would be able to fly out to meet you somewhere in the big pond. I'm pretty flexible.
I've got a reasonable amount of coastal sailing experience. I'm good company, I don't have two heads and get on with most people I meet. Basically, I'm an easy going guy with a sense of adventure. My sense of humour is more of the low key, ironic variety. Oh, and I never seem to get seasick.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:14   #21

Boat: Not mine, just crew.

Oh my goodness, an 18 yr old F, and me an old gray mare....yikes!!!
I can cook? lol

Jonesy
Old 03-09-2011, 15:23   #22

This sounds like my kinda boat. If there is any space left I'd be interested.
Old 03-09-2011, 18:25   #23

Hello All,
This is what I have been sending to interested persons. It looks like I have one more crew member at this stage, a US Lady around my age, probably still looking for one more. I'll try and keep in touch with you as the departure draws closer. So yes there is still room for the right person, who that is ,not sure :-)
A bit about myself.
Single Australian Male 45yrs old. Have not had a great deal of sailing experience but am very practical. As a youngster did club racing in dinghy's for only 2 or 3 seasons. When I was a teenager I used to sail with Family on a 40ft schooner. Trips of 3-4 days only. Sailed small cats in early 20's, mine, not the era. A long break. Then last year spent 3 weeeks cruising the North Australian coast on a friends 40 ft sloop.
Built my own 7m Ali power boat which I have owned for 6 years.

There is one other crew member at this stage, a 60ish Married fella who I met a few years ago. One of my Mum's friends. Met him only for about 2 weeks, he has no sailing experience but lots of enthusiasm.

My yacht is a 1977 CSY44, currently on the hardstand awaiting my return. She is a good solid boat that I only purchased early this year.
As you can see, no Blue water experience as yet . But that is certainly going to change.
Cheers
Gravel
PS Bangkaboat, Like your humour. Couldn't get any less hair than when I joined and teeth are still alll mine so I might have to have other senior criteria. Hahaha
Old 03-09-2011, 18:58   #24

Boat: Egg Harbor sedan cruiser 1970

Quote:
no Blue water experience as yet
I think if your serious about the trip to get some crew that do have experience.
Old 05-09-2011, 00:02   #25

Hey Gravel, Im lookin for a bit of adventure and a few laughs come end of April. Im Melbourne based but can fly to some start/meet point pending journey times. I have comp crew and day skipper but am a noob and only skipperd once for a few calamitis weeks in the greek islands. Keep me posted if I sound any good to ya...! Blaz
Old 06-09-2011, 01:53   #26

I feel confidence under my belt am 30 yo catholic if u find yourself in need of crew asap call mother;she sorely English very little but If she really wants she understands; on +48 58 6210066
Old 06-09-2011, 16:12   #27

Hey there folks,

All this banter is quite entertaining! On a (slightly more) serious note though, my husband and I are looking to crew on a pacific crossing starting next season - we'll be in northern Mexico by January, and are able to head south if that's where the boat happens to be.
I'm a 24yr old Aussie, born and grew up in Vanuatu so looking forward to sailing home, and Charlie's a 31yr old Wisconsinite born and bred. We've both done an atlantic crossing (he to europe in 2008, me from europe in 2009) and if not travelling by boat, we're on our bicyles. We love to sail, have bluewater experience on small yachts (36ft) and are pretty chill, easy to get along with sort of folks! Any word on a crew position heading across the pond would be great.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:04   #28

Hey everybody!

I'm a 34 years old long term french traveller, looking for a solid experience on the sea, going west through the Pacific Ocean.

I've worked 10 years on movie sets, as a self taught camera assistant, which requires perseverance, concentration, precision and taste for challenge.

I've left it all there, in France, to pack a rocksack, and hit the road. It's been 4 years, so far, and not planning on settling down yet...

I'm looking for a solid and serious experience on the sea, with experienced people to learn from. I'm thirsty for that kind of knowledge.

My actual plan is to get to Panama at the end of september, and find there a formation in order to start learning about sailing, and pretend to add a competence on a boat.

So yeah, Gravel, I'll be available next april, around central america.

More than happy to give more informations and stuff, if required.

Have a nice day, y'all!

deno
Old 08-09-2011, 14:43   #29

Lokas, not quite sure if you are talking about yourself, or trying to set me up with your Mum. Hahaha.
Gravel
Old 08-09-2011, 14:49   #30

Hi Deno, Blaz,
I still have room on the boat but have several people interested who I am keeping in touch with. I'll be leaving it a bit open for now and see what happens in the coming months.
Gravel

Tags
Mexico, south pacific