Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2014, 21:37   #1

Boat: Hanse 505 14.85mt
Send a message via Yahoo to Hanse Sailor Send a message via Skype™ to Hanse Sailor
Mediterranean 2015, Caribbean 2016 , Panama ,Galápagos Islands 2017

Hi! I'm now living on board my 50' Hanse 505 (2014 ). For many years I dreamed of sailing the pacific islands and living a life amongst the peoples of those islands. I started by buying a half built yacht and then due to changing jobs and moving 5000kms I sold it. Big mistake. I am now 60 and its taken me this long to get my plan back on track.

In April 2014, after retiring I stepped aboard my new yacht with all the mod cons. AS she is new I plan on spending June 2014 running her in and getting her completely ready for an extended cruise around the Baltic Sea and the down to Southern Spain . Then spend 2015 in the Mediterranean before crossing the Atlantic with the ARC Rally and spending some time in the Caribbean, before heading through the Panama Canal and across the Pacific and up into Asia. Total time frame is around 5 years.

I'm looking for like minded persons to share parts of this experience. Sailing experience is not necessary but handy, but being handy with tools is a definite plus! Love for international adventure and meeting new people is a requirement.

My primary goal is to travel the seas and enjoy; I've visited over 43countries and have loved every minute of it! I want to share this adventure with like minded persons using the 2 double cabins I have available on board on a crew contribution shared cost basis.

Hanse Sailor is a well-equipped and comfortable home. She has hot and cold running water, a 5 kw diesel generator, a gas oven with 3-burner range, gas BBQ grill, 4 private sleeping quarters,2 head with shower and toilet, an entertainment centre , refrigerator and freezer, folding bicycle, 4000Watt inverter, and a 600 Amp Hour battery bank.

Hanse boats are true blue-water cruisers that are designed and built to cross oceans. Hanse Sailor has a self tacking jib and mainsail , a 75HP Volvo diesel engine, Sat Phone, VHF and SSB Radios, 3 colour B&G Chart plotters and Auto Pilot, AIS, 600lt water capacity, Water Maker 150lt /hr, 300lt fuel capacity (diesel), 20lt hot water capacity, 3 bilge pumps , EPIRB satellite emergency transponder, digital wind speed / direction indicator, depth sounder, GPS / 3 colour B & G chart plotters, plow anchor, electric anchor windless, and a 3.85mt Zodiac dinghy with 9.9
HP Yamaha outboard. on a davit.

After a season in 2014 from Germany after sailing around Denmark preparing the her for the 42 day ARC Baltic Rally where I had crew coming from Germany, Australia , New Zealand and the USA..
I then had a change of crew on August 18 for the voyage from Denmark to Spain coming from England , USA and Australia.

So the Mediterranean in 2015 is the start of my next adventure where I will welcome crew from around the world either for a short holiday or a longer voyage. Maybe you want to try this life style out before you take the plunge yourself.

So, how about it? Does this sound like the way you want to live your life? If so, please contact me . Tell me about your life thus far, why the cruising lifestyle appeals to you, your thoughts on where we might sail, your tolerance for experiencing new cultures and meeting new people, etc. The more information that you can provide in your initial response, the better.

Name:	Spain - Hanse Sailor-1811.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	363.5 KB
ID:	91106   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hanse Sailor gennie low res2.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	91107  

Old 08-11-2014, 23:12   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to Hanse Sailor Send a message via Skype™ to Hanse Sailor
Re: Mediterranean 2015, Caribbean 2016 , Panama ,Galápagos Islands 2017

Thanks for the mail that's coming in. Mediterranean voyages will start in April 2015 from the East Coast of Spain.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:58   #3

Balearic Islands will be the first voyage starting in April 2015 and thanks again for the PM coming in.
Old 13-11-2014, 13:01   #4

Hi there we are currently in the Caribbean residing in Jolly Harbour, Antugua. We are avialable from next May/June to join you. We are both Yachtmaster Offshore with STCW.
We have given up our previous lives to live our dream and see the world. I (Ashley) am a qualified chef also and a former Royal Marine and former offshore crew/navigator on lifeboats in the UK.
We both share a great sense of humour and adventure, couple with mutual respect and dedication to tasks in hand.
Your adventure sounds great. If you wish to meet us in the Caribbean to assist the next chapter in your life then feel free to email me at ashtyrrell@ymail.com
We are early 40's. Whatever the outcome we wish you a safe voyage and many great memories thanks.
Ashley & Emma
"Sail fast, Live slow"
Old 14-11-2014, 04:59   #5

Boat: Beneteau 44cc

Hi, Im Bill Forde from Ireland. I am preparing for a circumnav as well I have a beneteau 44cc Cajucito. Im late 50's fit & agile. IT Consultant/ Electronics Engineer and I have a good knowledge of all things electrical and can fix most things on a boat, Many years experienced sailor Yachtmaster Offshore. I have a lot of offshore miles clocked up and I did a transatlantic in 2012 on a friends boat. I hope to go in 2016 or maybe 2017 when I get clear of work commitments. I enjoy a few beers and I love Music, other hobbies include Trecking, Biking and old cars. I can fall in easily with any crew and I have a huge passion for all things Nautical. Im up for all the experience I can get (you can never get too much in my view) so if you send me dates and leg details and any costs involved , I will hopefully join in 2015 and help you along with a leg or 2. If not best of luck on your voyages and maybe we will meet along the way. Billforde at gmail dot com
Old 17-11-2014, 01:42   #6

[QUOTE=cajucito;1677552]Hi, Im Bill Forde from Ireland. I am preparing for a circumnav as well I have a beneteau 44cc Cajucito. Im late 50's fit & agile. IT Consultant/ Electronics Engineer and I have a good knowledge of all things electrical and can fix most things on a boat, Many years experienced sailor Yachtmaster Offshore. I have a lot of offshore miles clocked up and I did a transatlantic in 2012 on a friends boat.

Hi and thanks for the interest. I will be in the Med for 2015/ 2016 until I do the ARC Atlantic .
Will start in southern Spain for Cartagena in April and plan to spend the winter in southern Turkey.
I will contact you via your email supplied.
Thanks Andy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hotelsplendido.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	296.7 KB
ID:	91784   Click image for larger version

Name:	turkey.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	91785  

Name:	turkey2.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	91786  
Old 19-11-2014, 20:17   #7

Boat: '63 Cal 24, Bayliner Trophy, Arluk 3 Sailing kayak, etc . . .

Sent you a PM this evening.
djhunt
Old 19-11-2014, 22:46   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhunt View Post
Sent you a PM this evening.
djhunt
Hi, Just looked in the PM folder and its empty. Please send again. Thanks Andy
Old 20-11-2014, 10:15   #9

Hi Hanse sailor,

I´m a Swede with a big interest and experience in sailing. Sounds nice to sail with you for a while. I am rather free to control my own time since I run my own small company in the electronic field. Might come in handy on a modern boat filled with electronics... I am both interested in the Mediterranean cruise as well as the ARC rally.

Please contact me on ulfpeterstyrbjorn@gmail.com

Regards
Peter
Old 21-11-2014, 12:23   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelage View Post
Hi Hanse sailor,

I´m a Swede with a big interest and experience in sailing. Sounds nice to sail with you for a while. I am rather free to control my own time since I run my own small company in the electronic field. Might come in handy on a modern boat filled with electronics... I am both interested in the Mediterranean cruise as well as the ARC rally.

Please contact me on ulfpeterstyrbjorn@gmail.com

Regards
Peter
Hi Peter, an insert from one of the crew this season.. Will PM you shortly.

Keith Bessant · Denmark to Cartagena, Spain ·

Well my 3 months aboard Hanse Sailor is coming to an end, it's been an eventful cruise bringing new experiences every day. I'd like to thank all I've sailed with and met on my epic journey for providing memories that will last a lifetime!
In no particular order thanks too
Crew
Andy owner/skipper who's "can do" attitude gave all crew this wonderful opportunity!
David, (who spent all too little time aboard) for his endless supply of stories and wit
Jerry for supplying funniest moment of the trip! All aboard will never forget the sight Jerry!
Travis droll humour and linguistic talent that got us through Germany and Holland.
Kevon who's attempt at any knot was hilarious! Inventor and master at the "Kevon knot) looked like a birds nest and guaranteed to come undone in an instant while taking no strain!
Garrett carried guitar aboard and never heard him play a note! quick and keen to learn master of proper knots (unlike Kevon)
Lastly and no means least Neil who's navigational skills managed to get us though Dutch canals using a roadmap printed on the back of a supermarket advertisement! No mean feat mate.
People we met
Ted, Corolla and family in Amsterdam, the happiest family I've ever met! Never saw Ted without his big beaming smile.
Simon and Helen (interlude 1) Brits living in Australia great company
Wayne and Barb on a 10 year plan sailing Hope around the world, nicest most helpful couple you could meet.
Walt and Joy owners of "joy of Tahoe" the seasick sailors
Skipper (who's name eludes me) of Volvo Ocean racer Flyer
Ken (you cannot break a Dane) Ley Milling
And many more too numerous to mention.
Experiences
Sailing through the Dutch canals, people agog at the size of boat we were brining through
The raving mad "dog lady" in Runsberg, who spent all day singing to herself and dancing on deck of her boat! Poor old dog aboard who's eyes just said please get me outta here!
Filming Dolphins playing on the bow wave whilst crossing the Bay Of Cadiz
Funniest moment, jerry you won that hands down
Best meal of trip (possibly my life) made by Andy 02:30 on watch alone! Andy due on watch 03:00I can hear and see movement below deck and realise Andy's in the galley again! Not hungry thinks I. All of a sudden waft of cooking aroma reaches me, I decide I could be hungry. Andy brings two plates on deck, reheated day old stew with fresh sauté potatoes, truly a match for any restaurant, one of the best meals of my life! Thanks Andy.
As the best adventure of my life draws to a close, I'd like to thank you all for adding some memories that will stay with me forever. I hope our paths will cross again.
Looking forward to my next adventure!
Fair winds to you all
Keith
Old 23-11-2014, 09:59   #11

I too share your love for the sea. I had my dream which was very much like your, to sail the world and not look back. I am 60 years and have had sailing experience. I have bareboat charter many times, most recently in Greece for two months. I have taken live aboard courses and have completed my coast guard on line class for my 6 pack license. All I need to do is take the test.
I am fit and available to share expenses and experience with you and your crew. Please let me know if there is more info your require.
Thank you
Jim Baldo
Old 24-11-2014, 11:42   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabaldo View Post
I too share your love for the sea. I had my dream which was very much like your, to sail the world and not look back. I am 60 years and have had sailing experience. I have bareboat charter many times, most recently in Greece for two months. I have taken live aboard courses and have completed my coast guard on line class for my 6 pack license. All I need to do is take the test.
I am fit and available to share expenses and experience with you and your crew. Please let me know if there is more info your require.
Thank you
Jim Baldo
Hi Jim, I have sent you a PM and welcome aboard Hanse Sailor
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Hanse Sailor gennie low res1.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	216.2 KB
ID:	92275  
Old 07-12-2014, 15:34   #13

Send a message via Skype™ to Oliver YS

Habe PM geschickt.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:11   #14

Hi Hanse Sailor, im Ricardo from Spain im 29 and im living in Madrid, i love sailing and i ve the spanish license called "patron de yate".
Your initial message looks so good! it seems you have a great time ahead!
i would like to join you so much, but because of my current job i dont have time .... im planning to do smth similiar in the future.. and i appreciate very much you sharing this with all of us,
i would like to give u a hand if you need anything when you pass through spain, whatever you need dont hesitate in contact me.
ricardo.noriega1@gmail.com,
Cheers and enjoy your time!

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 11-12-2014, 08:35   #15

send u message by Facebook

Tags
Caribbean, mediterranean, Panama, rib