Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-11-2011, 13:11   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to chrisddickey
Mature, Careful, Sober and Intelligent

I am in the midst of a year or two of sailing around on other peoples boats to gain experience and the licenses I need (and just to make sure before I invest my life savings), then I plan to buy my own yacht and run sleep-aboard custom sailing charters in Alaska.

I have recetly completed all of my classwork for my USCG 100 ton masters licence, however I still need seatime before I can submit the paperwork and receive my license.

I have a recent Atlantic crossing under my belt, two Mediterranean deliveries, and a delivery up Alaska's inside passage. I also spent 5 summers as a commercial fisherman. I have offshore and night watch experience.

I am currently in Ft Lauderdale Florida and am looking for an immediate berth.
I am motivated. I do not smoke, drink, take drugs, or get seasick. US Citizen.

I am looking for any position that will allow me to develop my skills and knowledge. I am particularly interested in Sailboats, Charter work, and cruising in/around Alaska or Hawaii, but am willing to entertain any payed position or any long-term position where my out of pocket costs are not too high.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Old 14-11-2011, 13:14   #2

Boat: Ketch, Hardin 45
Re: Mature, careful, sober and intelligent.

catch time on a fishing boat working out of Alaska... that should help build your time really fast.
Old 22-11-2011, 11:06   #3

Re: Mature, Careful, Sober and Intelligent

Crew Wanted. Florida to St. Thomas, leaving circa November 28, 2011 via Bahamas, Turks & Caicos, Puerto Rico. Cheoy Lee 42, just sailed from Maine to Florida. Need one more crew member who is fit, a non-smoker and experienced in water sailing">blue water sailing. Expenses paid. Contact Gordon at gjhumphrey*at*comcast*dot*net

If this interests you, please respond to gjhumphrey at comcast dot net.
Old 22-11-2011, 11:11   #4

Need one more for a crew of four aboard a Cheoy Lee 42 from Ft. Pierce to St. Thomas, leaving around end of Nov. Interested? gjhumphrey at comcast dot net
Old 22-11-2011, 11:12   #5

Crew Wanted. Florida to St. Thomas, leaving circa November 28, 2011 via Bahamas, Turks & Caicos, Puerto Rico. Cheoy Lee 42, just sailed from Maine to Florida. Need one more crew member who is fit, a non-smoker and experienced in blue water sailing. Expenses paid. Contact Gordon at gjhumphrey*at*comcast*dot*net

If this interests you, please respond to gjhumphrey at comcast dot net.