Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-03-2012, 09:28   #1

Mature, and Young Mature - Please Come on Board !

Looking for mature and experienced sailor (not a job opportunity). I am currently waiting to find a sailing mate to help sail my Endurance 36 from the coast of Florida to the Bahamas. Candidate must be mature (not necessarily age related only, young adults are more than welcome!). I am hoping to reach the keys from where to sail to Bimini, Chub Key, Nassau. Final destination is in South America, but that is a long way from here. My interest is in somebody that have respect for Nature, people, and the boat. My interest is in an experienced person that may be willing to sail short legs. Of course that extended time will be ideal! I plan to sail under well studied weather forecast, and for legs of no more than a full day, 12-16 hrs. will be ideal! Candidate must considered the following: Boat is a cutter rigged vessel, sails are "hankered", no roller furling here. However, both foresails have been fitted with "pull-down" lines. Mainsail is fitted with 3 riffing slabs. All sails controls, and lines are "to the cockpit". Very little need to go forward. Winches have been "electrified". I have a powerful cranker on board. All sails are brand new, as it is the boat, and everything inside of her. Extensive safety, and navigational equipment. Including four anchors. Large one is a new 45lbs. CQR. Hand windlass, with 3/8" chain is standard for all anchors. Two GPS, and sextant also on board. Candidate must navigate by charts, and be familiar with all other electronics standard on all off-shore vessels. My intentions are to have a safe, comfortable, and happy trip. Captain drinks wine, enjoy fruitful conversations, genuine friendship, and mutual respect. All food/bevs. paid on board. Assistance with return ticket included.
Did I say that I am a Christian? If this message is not for you, can you kindly refer it to your friends? Thank-you sincerely. Car Romer
Old 18-03-2012, 10:43   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: Mature, and Joung mature. Please come on board!

Will this spot be open in a couple of weeks? How much experience do I need to have? thanks, Ed
Old 18-03-2012, 11:59   #3

Re: Mature, and Joung mature. Please come on board!

Thanks Ed for your reply. It will be better that you list your sailing experience. I promise to answer you. Sincerely Car
Old 18-03-2012, 13:20   #4
Marine Service Provider

Re: Mature, and Young Mature - Please Come on Board !

I am 61 years old. I am looking to buy myself a sailboat but want to get some experience. Taking short hops I thought would be just the right way to learn. I have very little sailboat experience. I am smart and mature and I know you wanted someone with more experience so I understand if you don't even answer me. thank you.
Old 19-03-2012, 09:17   #5

Chebba: For the contrary, I will answer everybody that addresses me. And thank-you for your replay. Here is the deal: It has been very difficult, if not impossible to get a sailing mate for my cruising plans. If by the end of the month I can not secure a reliable mate, I will have to fold, and return. There is your chance to brush with sailboats! I will be traveling North (I am now in South Florida) via the ICW. Good chance for you to sail short distances. I will need to know where are you located, as well as your time availability. Sincerely, Car
Old 21-03-2012, 11:16   #6
Marine Service Provider

Hi Car, sorry for the delay. I am trying to balance a few things here. I have a house closing hopefully by the end of the next week in WI. then a 2.5 day drive down to Sarasota. Leave my van etc. and get to s. fl. to where you are. that is if the ducks fall in line. curious if you can chance it and wait and then also how long do you figure on moving north. it would be nice if this was still possible. I do need the experience and am greatly curious about traveling the icw. Ed
Old 21-03-2012, 12:04   #7
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Red or white (wine)?
Which cult (Christianity)?

Old 21-03-2012, 12:29   #8
Marine Service Provider

Red, of course.
Christian, more spiritual than anything. The golden rule. You can find out a bit about me at facebook. search for Edward Trzebiatowski Pleased as punch here. thanks Car. Ed
Old 23-03-2012, 15:48   #9

Boat: 32 Endeavour

never answered my PM, but that's ok I won't hold it against you.
Old 29-03-2012, 02:34   #10

I am a 32 year old Dutch man and just finished my MBA in Barcelona. I
want to experience the carrebean from the best side before I will
be having a
desk/computer view again, and have to work again. I dont have a job at
the moment, therefore are available directly untill June.
I speak Dutch, English, German and Spanish fluent.(Unfortunately no
Portuguese yet!)
I have been brought up on a sailing boat and the water is in my veins.
Over the years I have sailed around 4000 kn.miles in various yachts;
(J-24, Dehlers 34 & 37, X-99, Maxi 999, Contest 42, Winner 950, Sun
Odyssee 42,5).
These I have mainly gained in Holland (1 NorthSea regatta, varios
X-yacht training days), but also in Denmark, Sardinie, Ibiza and
Kos/Greece and Curacao-Bonaire.

If there is still space left I really would love to join the crew I am
flexible with dates.
I can be contacted on the following numbers; mob +34 633260731: home
+34931257359
Old 08-04-2012, 01:35   #11

My friend and I are interested in crewing. We are 19, strong, mature, attentive, easy going, funny, clean cut and hard working. We also work extremely well under pressure and harsh conditions. Neither of us drink or smoke. I have no sailing experience, but plenty of exposure to the ocean and boats (lived in SE Alaska, fishing experience as well) while my friend has almost 2 years of sailing as a live aboard and countless day sails.

Our interests include hiking, backpacking, photography, fishing, kayaking, diving, climbing, and anything else outdoors. We are very flexible and accustomed to the unexpected. We would appreciate any help in finding a boat, whether for racing or cruising and are very flexible with dates and travel.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:15   #12

Is this job still available? I have sailed a Catalina 42 my whole life. I am 19 years old and I am also on the Michigan tech sailing team. I have skippered both lasers and 420's in various regattas. I am very interested and I will be available from now until June 20th.
Old 28-04-2012, 13:33   #13

Hi Car!

I am interested and defiantly fit all of the criteria. Please shoot me an email if you have not left yet and are still looking for a crew member. Thanks!

Ellie

hauschem@eckerd.edu