Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 10:05   #1

Boat: 53' steel ketch, modified Bruce Roberts yard-built
Massachusetts to DR late April

We're looking for 1 or 2 crew to join us aboard Research Vessel Llyr, a 53ft blue-water steel ketch fully refit for distance voyaging and as a dive boat. We're a farm/crew family of five (kids 17,14,9) and RV Llyr berths 9 comfortably. Llyr will leave Salem MA in late April and arrive in Boca Chica, Dominican Republic in latter May. You'd disembark in DR on arrival as Llyr has 3-4 weeks of marine conservation work in DR and Haiti with ReefCheck.org and OceansWatch.org.
After return from work in Haiti mid-June we'll move on to Panama. Continued crewing for this leg is also possible.

This ridge-to-reef expedition has many components that you can learn about and explore underway, if you're interested.

Cost sharing to be negotiated, full crew duties expected. Blue water passage experience and references please.

Janis Steele, PhD, Brooks McCutchen PhD
Berkshire Sweet Gold Maple & Marine
Old 07-03-2012, 13:45   #2

I am available to crew, I have lived on and sails my 32' sailboat mostly in Casco bay and just beyond. I have met all the requirements for my 100 ton master except for a month of sea time. Approx 30 days needed.

I do not have a ton of experience on "blue" water but I am a very capable sailor, please feel free to contact me at travis (dot). Swaim at gmail (dot) com

I look forward to hearing from you via my email and can provide any additional information you may need from there

Thanks
Travis
Old 24-03-2012, 10:44   #3

Re: Massachusetts to DR late April

HELLO BSG FARM family. My name is Mark Zwick and I'm a chef living in Cambridge Ma. I am a sailing enthusiasts and with serious farm to table interests. My family has a 30 acre farm in Ct. I found your crewing add hear and continued researching your wonderful accomplishments. I recently sailed from Salem to Bermuda and plan to move to Newport for the summer in order to take the STCW95 courses. The opportunity available is very interesting, however I would love to crew with you to DR. I cannot at this time. Possibly in the future. Please E-mail me up dates so I can track your progress and utilize your syrups in my future cooking Thanks Mark Zwick zwickmark@rocketmail.com

Tags
Massachusetts