Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2011, 10:34   #1

Male, 28, Key Largo, FL

28/ m from Boston available to crew from Florida immediately. In Key Largo right now available to meet up elsewhere in Florida or even Caribbean.

Want to get some sailing experience and hopefully some snorkel/ pole spearing time in those crystal clear waters out in the carib.

I am available immediately 12/10/2011 and able to meet up and travel. Would want to talk via skype/phone first.

Healthy, fit, 28, college educated non smoker, clean, organized, travel light. Looking to learn as much as possible out on the water and generally have a good time.

If you have a questionable boat or drinking/ social problems please don't contact me. I've have two bad experiences already and hoping to get to get on a legitimate boat with an experienced owner/captain.

Thanks for taking the time to read. PM me and we can skype or talk on the phone!

Experience:
-5 RYA Competent Crew Course in Langebaan South Africa
-have lived on two different sailboats for two months prepping them- they however did not sail for various reasons!!!
Old 13-12-2011, 11:01   #2

Re: Male, 28, Key Largo, FL

lost crew in Augustine due to funeral. traveling on well outfitted 31' sloop... want to go offshore but remain inside stream and sail down coast to south of lauderdale... 48 year old male with coastal cruising skills and experience.

have a car, so I could pick you up and bring you here for departure in next few days...

hugh
Old 15-12-2011, 08:39   #3

Boat: Jeanneau SO37-37ft.-Sun Dog

Challenge,
I am currently at Cape Coral looking for crew to go to Mexico or Belize. My ultimate destination is Roatan in the Bay Island, Honduras. Very flexible as to departure but hoping to get away shortly after 1st of year. I can leave from here or from the Keys. I have a 37 ft. Jeanneau and have made this trip several times. Respond if you have not got something already. Also, to others who may be looking for a ride or to gain experience then give me a shout. Lots of experience not necessary, just the ability to maintain a good watch and help with chores. I can teach the rest.
Joe
Old 25-12-2011, 05:31   #4

currently on a boat but thanks for the replies. heading to Bahamas next week, I hope! how are the exumas right now???
Old 26-12-2011, 05:22   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskadog View Post
Challenge,
I am currently at Cape Coral looking for crew to go to Mexico or Belize. My ultimate destination is Roatan in the Bay Island, Honduras. Very flexible as to departure but hoping to get away shortly after 1st of year. I can leave from here or from the Keys. I have a 37 ft. Jeanneau and have made this trip several times. Respond if you have not got something already. Also, to others who may be looking for a ride or to gain experience then give me a shout. Lots of experience not necessary, just the ability to maintain a good watch and help with chores. I can teach the rest.
Joe
Hey Joe! I have a boat and am hoping to sail to Roatan this winter as well. Would love to ask you about your routes and experience sailing there as I have never sailed there before.... How do you go? Currently, the boat is in Lauderdale and we are getting ready to go to Bahama next week. Hugh Price 843.478.4436

Tags
crew, key largo