Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 16:07   #16

Hi David, I would be interested in some of your trips from Jan. till. I am ASA certified 101,103,104, a newbie, but have been day sailing around Charleston,SC for 2 1/2 years as crew on 50 ' Columbia sloop and a 45' Catamaran. I am looking for deliveries to gain hours and experience. working toward my Captain's License. Very interested in learning/helping out. I am also a professional musician and certified diver.
Old 17-12-2010, 07:32   #17

Hi David. My wife and I would be interested in joining you on some legs of your trip. I have 101,103 &104 cert. with limited experience. We are of similar age and looking for a sailing adventure. Please advise if any openings are still available. Contact me at 306-332-4825 or ctfroh@hotmail.com
Old 17-12-2010, 11:43   #18

Hi All,
I was aboard for this epic sail.
We left Camden, got spanked by a storm, Coast Guard towed us to Nantucket.
These things happen.
It didn't kill us , so it made us stronger?
The Captain and crew performed admirably, but the 5-15 wind ended up being 35-50.
Kids! Don't try this at home.....
Old 26-12-2010, 10:25   #19

Boat: Swallow Craft, Swift 33
Hi David,
I've been sailing for about 30 years. I'm now retired & available to crew. I have a passport. Let me know if you have any slots available.
Michael Cotton
Old 26-12-2010, 17:13   #20

35-50?????

coast guard tow? I'm not passing judgement but i am kinnda wondering, equipment failure? I know very well 35 is no joke never mind a true 50. In my time in the north east i have not heard of the coast guard towing, just rescuing those in need?
Old 26-12-2010, 17:30   #21

Boat: no longer on my Cabo Rico 38 Sanderling
Send a message via MSN to John A
With all of the winter weather coming off the east coast this fall and early winter, is anyone still sailing these water?
We in the PNW seem to be waiting for spring.
Old 26-12-2010, 17:41   #22

ne sailing

Im not sailing these waters but its not entirely by choice. Im currently on the Georgia Florida border and am seeing plenty of vessels coming in from there trip "down". While it may not be the warmest sailing there is no shortage of sail boat fuel this time of year!! Just have to use caution and be prepared, just like a summer afternoon sail right!
Old 27-12-2010, 09:30   #23

To, Capt.David Edsall
Captain and owner of Whats Up Doc
HR ,

Good Day.
I have done a lot of blue-water sailing on large vessels & very much interested in helping you out, if you consider me.
I am Giridhar, an Experienced Merchant Marine Engineer, by profession & qualification, Engineering Watch Officer, Regulation III/1, (Motor), STCW’95 certification,
Unlimited of the Republic of Liberia, Bureau of Maritime Affairs. Certificate No 830911, Exam Number: 48729 Issued on 1st Oct 2008 at R.L., VIENNA, VA, U.S.
Expiration: 1st Oct 2013.

I hereby apply with your esteemed company, for the above said post. I am a qualified Mechanical Engineer (Diploma-General) 2002, and experienced Marine Engineer,for class IV/III rank (Motor) ,With Indian CDC.I have been working on short contracts like Delivery/Takeover voyages...,normally on PANAMA Flagged vessels with CEC. I have Watch Keeper’s Certificate for Rating Forming Part of Engine Room Watch also.
I have good experience in Over hauling, Maintenance, & assembling machinery, reading & understanding technical drawings & trouble shooting. .. Hope you will find my skills useful & provide me an opportunity to serve you... My C.V. is attached herewith for your kind Consideration. Have keen sense for details, while following standard procedures. Good at trouble-shooting & repairs....
I keep a good WATCH on machinery . I have a 'Robust' health, can do hard Work. A little about myself, my interests and my plans. I come from a Respectable Hindu family, Loving ,Broad-minded, Jovial; highly Enthusiastic, Honest, Truth/Nature loving. So obviously a Vegetarian/Vegan in my diet for health...
I have a lovely wife & a kid to care, back at home.
Requesting an early reply.
Regards,
S.Giridhar,
Telephone (Landline) International call: in India: +91 8026541015 /Mobile International call: in India: +91 9902544071,
No 418,1st Fl, 18th Main Road,
4th T Block, Jayanagar , Bangalore, Karnataka,INDIA.ZIP:560041 Email:giridhar4eATyahooDOTcom
Old 27-12-2010, 09:54   #24
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by giridhar View Post
To, Capt.David Edsall
Captain and owner of Whats Up Doc
HR ,

Good Day.
I have done a lot of blue-water sailing on large vessels & very much interested in helping you out, if you consider me.
I am Giridhar, an Experienced Merchant Marine Engineer, by profession & qualification, Engineering Watch Officer, Regulation III/1, (Motor), STCW’95 certification, Unlimited of the Republic of Liberia, Bureau of Maritime Affairs. Certificate No 830911, Exam Number: 48729 Issued on 1st Oct 2008 at R.L., VIENNA, VA, U.S.
Expiration: 1st Oct 2013.
I hereby apply with your esteemed company, for the above said post. I am a qualified Mechanical Engineer (Diploma-General) 2002, and experienced Marine Engineer,for class IV/III rank (Motor) ,With Indian CDC.I have been working on short contracts like Delivery/Takeover voyages...,normally on PANAMA Flagged vessels with CEC. I have Watch Keeper’s Certificate for Rating Forming Part of Engine Room Watch also.
I have good experience in Over hauling, Maintenance, & assembling machinery, reading & understanding technical drawings & trouble shooting. .. Hope you will find my skills useful & provide me an opportunity to serve you... My C.V. is attached herewith for your kind Consideration. Have keen sense for details, while following standard procedures. Good at trouble-shooting & repairs....
I keep a good WATCH on machinery . I have a 'Robust' health, can do hard Work. A little about myself, my interests and my plans. I come from a Respectable Hindu family, Loving ,Broad-minded, Jovial; highly Enthusiastic, Honest, Truth/Nature loving. So obviously a Vegetarian/Vegan in my diet for health...
I have a lovely wife & a kid to care, back at home. Requesting an early reply.
Regards,
S.Giridhar,
Telephone (Landline) International call: in India: +91 8026541015 /Mobile International call: in India: +91 9902544071,
No 418,1st Fl, 18th Main Road,
4th T Block, Jayanagar , Bangalore, Karnataka,INDIA.ZIP:560041 Email:giridhar4eATyahooDOTcom

Namaste Giridhar,
I think you should know that over 80% of the positions offered on here are either you pay for all, or some of your expense's on the trip, 18% are the owner will cover your expenses but no wages... and the remaining 2% are for Delivery skippers with good sailing experience...
May I suggest you post your details on the site I'm posting.. it covers employment positions to a much greater extent than here..
For Crew — social networking destination for yacht crew
Good luck with your search and my best wishes for a fortunate 2011...
Dil hai Taklief...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 27-12-2010, 15:11   #25

3 of 5 aboard were down with seasickness, two of those had hypothermia, one was moderate level. Coast Guard offered the tow, rather than continuing to battle it out, the owner accepted with grace. Sea water had gotten into the electronics, one engine out, fuel leak in the bilge, etc, etc. Murphy's law definitely prevailed.
Old 31-12-2010, 03:06   #26

Dear, Mr.Phil.Jahans
As you suggested I have posted my details on the site" I'm posting.. it covers employment positions to a much greater extent than here..
For Crew — social networking destination for yacht crew"
but I found very few positions there, hope the situation will improve...
Thanks a lot,
S.Giridhar.

Tags
Bermuda, Caribbean, catamaran, maine, maine cat, nova scotia