Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 17:55   #1

Looking to Volunteer, Early May to June

A little about myself:

I am a 19 year old male studying mathematics and economics at the University of Missouri. I have spent most of my life growing up in the Midwestern United States. A large part of this time was spent on Lake Michigan, where I first started to develop a fascination with sailing; although I am disappointed to say I have no real formal sailing experience. I am also an avid athlete and outdoorsman. Some of my favorite activities are coaching lacrosse, boxing, hiking, skiing, mountain biking, and reading. I have been very fortunate to have had the opportunity to travel around the continental U.S and across the globe. Having had hiked the Alps in Switzerland, skid the Alps in Italy, fought off bums in the streets of Vienna, drank in the beer halls of Germany, deep sea fished off the coast of Florida, and ventured through the outdoorsman's paradise that is the Colorado and Utah Rocky Mountains; I have experienced in the past few years what can only be described as a revelation of how I view life. And all of this is just a small sample of a newly discovered, and rightfully felt, love for adventure!

What I am looking for:

The aforementioned love for travel and discovering new places is leading me to a trip to India from the middle of June through July. In between the end of the Spring 2012 school semester and my departure I will have roughly a month with nothing but an urge to do something worthwhile to fulfill. What better way to spend that time than by learning something I have always wanted to know how to do? I am looking for a volunteer crew position available somewhere around May 10th to June 10th with a crew that is willing to work with a dedicated, albeit inexperienced, worker. I am willing to undertake all cleaning, cooking, washing, etc. duties. I am also willing to offer my service free of charge, negotiate with transportation, and chip in for food and other expenses. This is something that I have dreamed of doing for quite some time and would love to hear any serious offers.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:50   #2

Re: Looking to Volunteer, Early May to June

The Betsy Ross will be sailing from La Paz, Mexico to Tahiti in March 2012.

Duties & Responsibilities
General deck duties and upkeep .
Assist with watch duties.
Cook will be responsible for preparing meals.

Crewmembers will need to be in possession of Mexican and French Polynesian Visas.
Accommodation and meals will be provided.
Crew members will be liable for their own fare to Mexico and from Tahiti.

During June/July 2012 we plan a trip from Tahiti to Fiji and the crewmembers who wish to stay aboard Betsy Ross are welcome to stay on for the next Voyage. Further applicants for the Fiji Voyage are welcome.

If you are interested you may email me: jaco.ashe13@gmail.com
Old 08-03-2012, 13:49   #3

Re: Looking to Volunteer, Early May to June

Thank you very much for your offer. Unfortunately, my time constraint is somewhat limited considering I will be in School until early May, and will be leaving for India mid-June.