Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-12-2011, 19:02   #1

Boat: Saving up for my dream girl
looking to learn the ropes

Hey everybody, Happy holidays.

I'm a 21 year old male college student from michigan. I have almost no sailing experience outside of the sunfish I sailed last summer. Not-quite-so-unfortunately I got bit by the sailing bug. I'm looking for a boat and crew mates that can accommodate a learning curve. I am a pretty good cook in general and with a jet boil, and I am CPR/AED certified. Above all I love being on the water more than anything and I am a quick and dedicated learner. Will travel to embark anywhere in the continental U.S. or eastern Canada. Thanks and lemme know.
Old 27-12-2011, 18:19   #2

Boat: Saving up for my dream girl
Re: looking to learn the ropes

Hey, everybody
CruisersForum was very helpful to me during the process of buying my first sail boat.
I really learned a lot. I am hoping this forum will be equally helpful in my quest to find my first spot on a crew. I'm in it for adventure, and I'm in it to learn. I'm also shooting entirely in the dark; I see that fifty-some people have viewed this thread since yesterday with no response so I'm going to re-frame it:

I would like advice! I know the knowledge is out there in cruisersforum to help me get started. Even if you don't have knowledge of an available position, or you are seeking someone with more experience, your opinion and advice are valuable to me.
How did you start crewing? Where did you start crewing? I would be grateful for anything like that. Thanks again!