Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-07-2016, 10:10   #1

Looking to crew from San Francisco to San Diego before this year’s Baja Ha Ha

I am looking to hop in as crew on a Yacht cruising down from the Bay Area to San Diego this fall before this year's Baja Ha Ha. I have little to no sailing experience outside of a few day sails, but would consider myself to be experienced around the water having grown up surfing. I am a 28 year old male who grew up in New Jersey, have done a fair amount of traveling, and have lived in California for four years now.

While I don't have much sailing experience, I have some experience around boats after working as a painter for a boat yard for a few months sanding, prepping, and painting boat bottoms. I have my stcw-95 certification if that helps, and I am eager and willing to learn all that I can about sailing.

I do not drink or smoke, but also don't mind being around people who do. I am friendly, down to earth, and quite when I first meet people so I think I would make for a good sailing companion. Right now I am living and working in the Lake Tahoe area, but if the right opportunity were to come along, could probably sneak away for a few weeks (ideally in September/ October).

Please let me know if I can provide any more information about myself or my sailing experience. I would also be happy to provide any personal or professional references if need be. Thank you for reading this and for any consideration given, please send me a private message if you have a vessel and are looking for a reliable crewmember this fall.

Tags
baja, crew, san diego, san francisco