Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-07-2014, 06:16   #1

Boat: OPB while I search for mine
Looking to crew around the southeast - any time, ready to travel

Hi everyone,

I'm an easygoing 34 year old guy with some sailing experience both on the Great Lakes as a teen and more recently around Georgia. I have my ASA101, will be getting my 103 soon, and I'm looking to get some experience offshore, as well as with the ins and outs of maintaining and working on sailboats. So I'd love to crew for someone on any trips or passages, and I'm happy to spend time helping with whatever boatwork or maintenance you may need a hand with as well. I'm reasonably handy and capable of following directions well, steering a course, and taking a watch.

As for me, I'm an easygoing 34 year old writer/photographer. I've done quite a bit of traveling, so I generally get along pretty well with most everybody. I also worked my way through school as an EMT and Emergency Room tech, so I can handle most any medical issues that may come up on a trip.

My long term plan is a boat and liveaboard cruising, but since I'm not there yet I'm eager to learn from the people who know the things I don't. I'm very well read when it comes to sailing and cruising, but I know well enough that there's a big difference between well-read and experienced, so I'm hoping to gain the latter.

My schedule is generally open, I'm willing to travel to meet the boat throughout the southeast (and possibly beyond for the right experience), and I've always got a current passport. I live in Atlanta, but I'm in Orlando and South Florida through the first week of August. If anybody around Florida is looking for a hand between now and then, definitely reach out. Otherwise please keep me in mind any time if you need crew. You can reach me by e-mail at dsdphoto at gmail, or PM me here and I'll pass on my cell.

Thanks in advance!

Darren
Old 27-07-2014, 12:51   #2

Boat: Norm Cross 28 Tri, Hobie Miracle 20, Hobie trifoiler, Condor-40
Re: Looking to crew around the southeast - any time, ready to travel

Darren I am seeking crew very short notice to help me take my condor 40 trimaran from Charleston to Brunswick ga. Departing July 28 or ASAP there after. I've already come down from the Chesapeake and my present crew ran out of variation. Call me ASAP 8087722133 I'm arriving Charleston today July 27.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum

Tags
crew