Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-11-2011, 01:54   #1

Boat: Formosa 51
Looking for Volunteer Crew - Honolulu to Saipan in January 2012

I'll be sailing a 51ft. ketch w/ my family of 4 from Honolulu to Saipan in January and am looking for 2 or 3 volunteer crew members. If you are up for an adventure and have bluewater experience please send me a PM with your sailing resume and contact information.

Cheers,
CMiles
Old 30-11-2011, 14:30   #2

Location: Need someone to boat sit??I am now in Miami, Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to iseaker48
Re: Looking for Volunteer Crew - Honolulu to Saipan in January 2012

My name is Michael. I am 55 years old and am in good health. I learned to sail on Lake Erie. I have some experience in open water sailing from Ft Myers Florida to St Lucia. Not much more than that but I am pesparate to get home to my wife and children in the Philippines. I would appreciate all consideration and maybe forward me to someone else that can get me as close as possible to the Philippines.
Old 30-11-2011, 20:51   #3

Boat: Formosa 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by iseaker48 View Post
My name is Michael. I am 55 years old and am in good health. I learned to sail on Lake Erie. I have some experience in open water sailing from Ft Myers Florida to St Lucia. Not much more than that but I am pesparate to get home to my wife and children in the Philippines. I would appreciate all consideration and maybe forward me to someone else that can get me as close as possible to the Philippines.
Michael, please send me a PM with your contact information, more detailed experience and references (sorry, must be extra cautious with my family aboard).

Any experience in heavy weather? How long have you been sailing? Are you in Hawaii?
Old 03-12-2011, 00:34   #4

Boat: Norm Cross 28 Tri, Hobie Miracle 20, Hobie trifoiler, Condor-40

Aloha Miles, I live in Hawaii and have 30 years sailing experience. Mostly multi hulls but have delivered an Endeavor 41 from FL to St Martin. I owned a 28 Cross Tri in Florida and sailed the Bahamas & keys for many years. I have an expired 100 ton license with a sail addendum. Didn't see any need to keep it current. Are you in HI now. We can meet up at my office at the Hawaii Yacht Club to discuss my experience and your requirements.

I am seeking a Pacific Crossing before I purchase my own boat which I plan to use for a sabbatical with my wife through the SP. I am 56 years old in great health and race a Miracle 20 catamaran and those are really physical and fast to race. Yes I am married, no kids, and own a home here on Oahu. Chris L.

Tags
crew