Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-08-2015, 09:46   #1

Talking Looking For Exp. Cap'n to Learn from, will pay my own way.

Hello, Firstly Thank you for taking the time to read this. i appreciate you doing so.
I am looking to gain some more sailing experience and to this end i would like to find someone leaving out of the United States in the fall/winter of 2015 for a awhile, time period could be very open ended, from the winter all the way up to a year. i am willing to fly out of country if need be, but would just be easier to leave from the States for me, im passport ready if need be.

My sailing Experience consist of the ASA 101, 103,& 104 classes and some day& evening/night sailing on Galveston Bay. i have learned a'lot, but also know I've got a'lot more to learn. some other skills that may interest you, I can Cook, i have a general knowledge of Gas and Diesel engines, electrical systems, i also am mechanical inclined, can trouble shoot and make some repairs, very much a jack of many trades.

I am also very even tempered, and calm, i can work on my own with out supervision, but if i don't understand something im not afraid to ask, I do not use any drugs, i don't smoke, & i don't drink.

I know there's a'lot more i could add, but this is a good start.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask , and well talk and see if we are agreeable.

Joe
Old 27-08-2015, 07:12   #2

Re: Looking For Exp. Cap'n to Learn from, will pay my own way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyric30 View Post
Hello, Firstly Thank you for taking the time to read this. i appreciate you doing so.
I am looking to gain some more sailing experience and to this end i would like to find someone leaving out of the United States in the fall/winter of 2015 for a awhile, time period could be very open ended, from the winter all the way up to a year. i am willing to fly out of country if need be, but would just be easier to leave from the States for me, im passport ready if need be.

My sailing Experience consist of the ASA 101, 103,& 104 classes and some day& evening/night sailing on Galveston Bay. i have learned a'lot, but also know I've got a'lot more to learn. some other skills that may interest you, I can Cook, i have a general knowledge of Gas and Diesel engines, electrical systems, i also am mechanical inclined, can trouble shoot and make some repairs, very much a jack of many trades.

I am also very even tempered, and calm, i can work on my own with out supervision, but if i don't understand something im not afraid to ask, I do not use any drugs, i don't smoke, & i don't drink.

I know there's a'lot more i could add, but this is a good start.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask , and well talk and see if we are agreeable.

Joe
Upon reflection, and with no Modify button available at this point, i would like to add i also have my own equipment and am passport ready,

if a Mod sees this they can edit my post if they wish.

Thank you again,

Joe
Old 18-09-2015, 07:34   #3

Boat: 1974 Gulf Star MS53 Motor/Sailer

I need help getting my 53' Gulf Star from Beaufort NC end of september-ish. Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway mostly with some offshore sailing/motoring, going via Key West then Gulf of Mexico direct to New Orleans LA. Mechanically healthy boat with sad appearance. Live aboard welcome to keep yacht safe. I pay expenses. Jonathon (Australian American)
Old 18-09-2015, 10:09   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Valiant 40 (1975)

Where are you based Joe? I can always use a hand from time to time with passage making.