Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-05-2010, 17:03   #1

Looking for a (Sailing) Boat Going to New Caledonia Before August

Hi,
I need to go to Noumea for a wedding, the 18th of august. I think sailing there would be a great experience, but a motor yacht would be good too, as I really have to go there ! The main reason why I don't want to fly is ecology, and also because I'd like to have a first "long" experience at sea. Then if I enjoy it, I may sail back to France ! :-D

About my experience with boats, I have been quite often on small sailing dinghies, and I've worked on a shipyard. But I have never been very far from the coast and on nothing bigger than 18ft, so I don't know much of how to navigate with only "tools". But I'm sure nowadays it's getting easier!

For my others skills, I'm quite a good cook (I have references on this ), I use to fish when I was younger and I can fix most things on a sailing boat. And I'm sure I can do anything, as long as I'm explained how to do it ! I speak French, English and Spanish. I'm a nice person who like to talk around a drink and share previous experiences. I'm used to a lack of comfort because I often travel with a push bike and a tent, and I generally don't complain !

Please contact me, if you have any information about the Australia-New Caledonia route, for example, the most common departure harbour, or if it's not the right time of the year...And of course if you are interested in getting me on your boat !

Thank you,
Thomas

Tags
New Caledonia