Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-06-2014, 15:46   #1

Looking for a new journey..

Hi, my name is Ryan and I am currently living in Northern California. I'm a 27 year old single male seeking adventure. I am looking for a sailing opportunity. I would like to travel to Hawaii from California. I have very little sailing experience. However I did grow up on a lake in the Adirondack park and am a previous boat owner (18' Baja). I am very comfortable on/in water. I was always taught to have great respect for any water source/body. I am confident that I would be a great help/deckhand and sailing companion.
Please pm me with any advice or with any upcoming voyage opportunities that will be departing from the California coast.
Old 20-06-2014, 00:10   #2

Re: Looking for a new journey..

Hey Ryan, I was in your same position two years ago and then landed my first "job" as crew delivering a hunter 42 from Hawaii to Fiji. Try oceancrewlink.com. Also, keep replying to crew wanted ads here and other cruising forums. Experience is a plus, but most cruisers care more about how well you will fit with them and other crew. Try going to local marinas and talking to the boat owners as well. Most people know who is about to do a crossing and may need crew. Good Luck!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app