Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-10-2015, 07:18   #1

Boat: Boereal 44
Long Term Crew Wanted.

Couple wanted for crew from Panama to Ecuador to Tahiti. Maybe all the way to New Zealand. Leave Panama in early April leave Ecuador on first weather window near first of May.

We pay for most food and all safety gear. You pay for getting to Panama and wherever you get off to your home. Must have strong financial backing, ( money in the bank). We will teach you proper watch procedures and safety procedures. No drinking while on passage or head phones while on watch. Crew must be in good shape and health and no smoking. No dredlocks, vegans or kooks. Prefer Dutch, Norway, Swedish, English but will consider all. We are American and have been world sailing off and on for 40 years.

Sailboat is a Boreal 44 the most sought after, seaworthy and advanced expedition sailboat made today. Google, Boreal 44. Boat completed build in 2013.

PM us and start a conversation if you are ready for an incredible passage.

Cheers

Steve and Tracy.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:30   #2
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: long term crew wanted.

Sounds like a nice opportunity. Such an outstanding and nice boat too!

Bon voyage!
Old 08-10-2015, 22:33   #3

Boat: MARTIN 32
Re: long term crew wanted.

We are Eve and Mark Rossmiller, semi-retired living in David, Panama.

Resume: We completed a 6 day voyage from Aruba to Bocas Del Toro in Dec-Jan 2015 on a 64ft ketch for ~850 nmiles. I am 56, have additional experience racing 30ft Martin J-class boats in the PacificNW, Astoria, Columbia River for two years. My wife Eve, 54, is an experienced cook and novice deck hand but we both know our way around a sailboat. We would cover our to-from travel expenses. If this sound like what you are looking for a crew, please let us know, when and where you will actually be in Panama. We have our own equip. and foulies; two duffles. Greg King is our reference, we crewed with him
part of his voyage as he completed his 8 year circumnavigation back to Santa Barbara this Summer.

We attach our photo of us at the Bocas Marina, Panama. We have US passports, are fluent in Spanish, no time constraints, perfect health, use no drugs, and very amicable people who love sailing. My Cruiser forum member acct. is Rosebud1. Cruisers & Sailing Forums - View Profile: Rosebud1

Thanks for your consideration,

Marco y Eva Rossmiller

mrossmiller(at)gmail(dot).com
Old 13-10-2015, 16:20   #4

Re: Long Term Crew Wanted.

I tried to PM but since I'm a new member I'm not able to. Anyways heres my story. Hope to hear from you.

Hello!

My name is Ryan and I'm a 30 year old male from Florida. I recently quit my corporate retail job of 12 years at Walgreens where I was a store manager.
I sold my house and my expensive car in search of a new adventure and new path.
I made myself so I have no bills or recurring debt. I have no wife, kids or girlfriend. I am simpy a young man living life and going where the wind takes me.
I've spent the last month travelling around the US visiting friends and family in different places within the states.
After taking some time to figure out what I wanted to do I decided to make a plan to backpack South America for several months. I began learning spanish religiously everyday for 3 hours.
During this time I was emailing a guy who was from my home town of Tallahassee who I heard was starting a Kayak Fishing resort down in the country of Panama. I told him I was interested in coming to helping him start the business and was only looking to be housed and fed.
My original plan was to backpack South America and end my trip in Panama where I would begin helping him. I expected by the end of my South America trip to know spanish fluently and I knew I would be more helpful in that way.
He eventually told me he would like me to start my trip with him and then depending on when I wanted to leave I could start my backpacking trip whenever I felt like it.
So now I'll be leaving the states November 10th for Panama and will be there until early next year.
When I saw you were looking for a crew in April out of Panama, it all started lining up.
I do not have any experience on a sailboat but I am a fast learner.
Just to give you an idea about myself; I am a very hard worker, dedicated, loyal and honest. I am a great leader as well as a great follower depending on what is expected from me.
I do not smoke and I only drink socially and when its accpetable. I take no drugs in any way shape or form accept caffeine (which I get from black coffee)
I believe the body is the most important asset we have and i pride myself on taking care of myself. I put only the best foods in my body. I do not eat any processed foods.
I have a huge passion for food and quality food. I love to cook.
I enjoy all outdoor activities; hiking, biking, fishing, kayaking and camping. I LOVE NATURE!
I have no health problems and am physically in shape. I love people and I feed off other peoples positive energy which makes me a great team player. I am not afraid to admit when I'm wrong or have made a mistake; I view this as opportunity.
I have no engagements and I'm not married to any commitments in my life at this time. Basically I have a book waiting to be written.
As far as financials go; I have enough money to sustain for several months and have some income coming in January. I would only need to be assured that i could be fed on a pretty regular basis and either a bed/cot to sleep on or a place to string my hammock. I've done lots of camping so I have no problem "roughing it".
I hope you will seriously consider me. I think I could be a huge asset for you trip and a great friend to have aboard.
If you have any questions for me please email me
ryan.walsingham@gmail.com or call 352-278-2010
I WOULD LOVE TO JOIN YOU!

Thanks,
Ryan

Tags
crew, crew wanted, wanted