Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-11-2011, 13:16   #16

Boat: Roaring Girl: Maxi 120 ketch, 12 long
Re: long Med cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Roaring Girl has a wonderful website and has personally given me lots of great information on places to stay and comfortable time frames in the Med. Last year in Italy we ended up doing a grand total of 80 nm by boat and had a wonderful time. Sometimes we would travel 3nm and end up in a town that had a completely different feel then the town where we had been in the previous night. I guess that makes me a landlubber. But have a nice trip racing thru the Med.
Thanks for your kind comments
Old 15-11-2011, 07:06   #17

Re: Long Med Cruise

Hi

Im very interested in your med cruise, heres a bit about me.

I'm:
male, 23years old, irish, sailor, scuba diver, rock climber, paddler, mechanical engineer, biker, tinkerer/mechanic

I'm pretty much just finished college and looking to get some serious miles under my belt!
my sailing experience is as follows; started sailing 13 years ago,
Ive been a sailing instructor for the last 6 years(during the summer months), Have worked as a "boatman" in a few local clubs; ferrying, antifouling, taking boats out of the water ect
I have a little under 1000 sea miles from STV Asgard 2 (which is now at the bottom of the bay of biscay...wasnt my fault honest) and from sailing friends boats from ireland to france.

So not a whole lot of cruising experience at all, but i certainly know the difference from one end of the boat to the other.

I would also consider myself easy going, enthusiastic (about all things boat related anyway), pretty good at trouble shooting/fixing things/knowledgeable of boats, rigging and engines.

So that's pretty much it i think

cheers!
Old 18-11-2011, 09:10   #18

Hey there!

I'm so intrigued! My plans do not fit your exact specifications but I wanted to get in
touch with you nonetheless.

I'm a 26 y/o American woman, and I've been living in Senegal for the
last 1.5 years as a Peace Corps volunteer. When my service is up next
spring, my hope is to cruise out of Spain toward the Mediterranean and
- with luck! - get as far as Croatia or beyond!

I do have sailing experience -- I cruised from San Diego to Panama on
three different boats in the fall of 2009. I fell in love with sailing
then and I know that's what I want to return to now.

I also love to cook and am a generally good-natured, hard-working, committed, and friendly person (though usually not this self-involved!)

Unfortunately, I won't have a ton of time before heading back to the States, so I might only be able to join you from the end of April until early June. I realize that's a shorter time-frame than what you had in mind.

I'd LOVE, however, to be in touch with you, in case you are able to take on extra crew. I can sleep anywhere and will do anything.

Let me know!

All my best,

Emily
Old 02-12-2011, 15:06   #19

hi,

Ive tried mailing you. If you didnt recieve my message you can email me at paularabinjones@yahoo.co.uk
Old 05-12-2011, 10:21   #20

i'd be interested but like someone above said the visa rules suck out there. my schenegen (sp!) visa is used up for the next 6 months...!
Old 05-12-2011, 16:41   #21

Boat: In between boat ownership

Sounds just fine to me. I'm a 63 year old architect, real estate developer, chemical manufacturing owner and willing to spend 3,6 or even 12 months sailing and bumping into ports around the Med. I'm a dad with four grown kids and a forgiving wife who understands I love sailing! I love her too!

Seriously, spring or fall sailing will work for me. I have ASA 101, 104 and some ocean sailing off California too though most of mine has been on the Cheapeake Bay. I've had a 30' Columbia, 37' Catalina and I'm looking at buying a 45' Morgan/Catalina of about '96 vintage. I'm healthy, 6'-2", speak Spanish, some Italian and ugly French. I'm a fine artist and a photographer, a contributing writer and I've traveled a lot over my career; lived in South And Central America; Southeast Asia; Europe and particularly Italy.

My cell phone is 602-315-8368 and my mailing address is kristoff@gemtek.com

Let me know if you would like to talk more.
Old 06-12-2011, 16:39   #22

Boat: In between boat ownership

Have you received my mail last week? I would like to hear from you. I'm available and willing to handle my own everything.

Have you determined a departure date yet and have you resolved your crew needs?

Kim

Ph: 602-315-8368

Tags
cruise