Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 01:08   #1

London Weekend Sailing

Hi,

I have a 28ft Salty Dog in St Katharines docks in the heart of London. I have very little sailing experience though I did do an intensive day skipper course a month ago.

Looking for an experienced Day skipper or above who would like to join me for weekend sailing jollys whenever the tide suits so I can get my sea legs, as I wouldn't feel comfortable going out without someone who's a bit more experienced than me right now.

Weekday trips are also possible but would need a bit more notice as I work for myself and would need to organise my time.

I guess this would suit someone who's retired who doesn't have a boat anymore but enjoys sailing and is flexible with their time, though I have no preference as long as they have a proven sailing background.

I'm 31 and yes buying a boat before knowing how to sail raises some eyebrows but after my day skipper course I knew it wasn't a mistake.

Anyhow drop me a line if there's anyone out there who would like to join me for some sailing up and down the Thames.

Many Thanks

Tim
Old 10-06-2011, 01:56   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31
Re: London weekend sailing

Tim hi and welcome to CF

In addition to CF, you could always join a local yacht club. Regardless of how they appear to a stranger, they are friendly and always looking for new members.

Pete
Old 10-06-2011, 03:13   #3

Re: London weekend sailing

Thanks for the advice Pete,

When I can stump up the cash I will have to join up at the Little Ship Club which is nearby

Looking forward to checking out the rest of the forum

Tim

Tags
sailing