Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 16:50   #1

Lima Peru to Brisbane Australia

For passage Lima Peru to Easter & South Pacific Islands en route to Brisbane Australia, departing late April. Although there is no rush would expect to be in OZ by September. The boat is a Beneteau 44 fully equipped for long ocean voyages. The trip will be on a cost share basis and the crew member would be expected to carry out normal sea duties such as watch keeping, cleaning, cooking etc. If compatible and happy to go all the way good and well, if not the member can disembark at one of the islands.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:13   #2

Boat: 1977 Cal 34
Re: Lima Peru to Brisbane Australia

Hello there, my name is logan and I am 24. My girlfriends name is melissa and she is 24 as well. We are currently backpacking through brazil and we fly into lima peru on the 13th of febuary. We are a very friendly, fun couple from canada. Melissa is from vancouver, and i was born on the east coast on a small island called prince edward island. We are traveling for 4-6 months depending on our financal situation. I am an oilfield driller and have been for 5 years. I am very handy with power tools, deisal engines, hydraulic systems and duct tape and not shy of hard work. Melissa is a dental receptionist who has traveled much of the world. I have owned a boat as well for a few years in vancouver but it was not a sailboat and it unfortunatly burnt down. But it still alowed me to get the love of the ocean. We were hopeing to find a boat with in the next month but maybe we could get together for a ******** if your in lima next week. email me directly if you wish. true_soldiers420 (at)hotmail(dot)com. look forward to hearing from you logan and melissa
Old 10-02-2012, 16:07   #3

Hi Logan, thanks for the reply, I will not be in Lima until the end of March & departing end of April. I am only looking for 1 person & was hoping to attract someone with some experience although I didn't state this in the posting.

Regards ben cruiser
Old 13-02-2012, 07:15   #4

Hi Ben,

My name is Troy and I am a Brissie lad slowly making my way home from England to Australia by sea. I sailed the Atlantic and am currently sailing to Chile from the US Virgin islands on a Beneteau Oceanis 47.3. We are in Panama City and setting sail for Ecuador tomorrow. We hope to arrive in Vina Del Mar near Santiago mid March. The plan was then to backpack for a while back up to Ecuador and try and catch another ride from the Galapagos but your route and timing seem perfect.

I have experience and getting more by the day. My current skipper will happily have a chat with you if you like.

Would love to discuss more. Get me on troywalton66 at yahoo dot com dot au

Cheers

Troy
Old 02-03-2012, 09:34   #5

Hi Ben,

My name is Rich and I'm currently backpacking through Ecuador, making my way down to Peru in the coming month, and your itinerary sounds fantastic!

I'm 21 years old, from the US, and have been sailing small boats and windsurfing for eleven years. I don't have a ton of large cruiser experience, but I have sailed a few times on 30+ ft boats on inland lakes in Wisconsin (my home state in the US). I am reasonably fit and know a handful of useful knots as well as all the basics of sailing. I have always wanted to get out onto a larger sailing trip, but haven't been able to because of school and work. However, I am taking a break between undergrad and grad. school to travel around the world, and a sailing trip from Lima to OZ sounds like a great thing to include.

Do you have an estimate regarding how much everything would cost? I don't have an enormous budget, but could probably chip in for food and other miscellaneous expenses. Or if possible, I'd be happy to do extra work around the boat.

If interested, you can email me at "rpang dot contact at gmail.com", or at "rpang at wisc.edu".

Look forward to hearing from you!

Best,
Rich
Old 05-03-2012, 00:04   #6

Hi ben,

My name is Lucas I'm a 24 years old sailor and Biology student from Argentina.
I would like to take an year off from university to make the whole trip round the world. I look foward to crew with you in the Pacific crossing.

I have a lot of experience in delivery and racing both as skipper and as crew, also experienced in rigging and general maintenance work (engine, winchs, bilge pumps, etcetera).

I have yacht pilot certificated so I have celestial navigation knowledge as well as all kind of electronic navigation software.

I count with very little money but I have a lot of energy and passion for sailing and making other people happy! Always with good attitude! and ready to cook and clean!

I could be in Lima as soon as you wish to help preparing the boat.

Contact me at lucaslanusse@hotmail.com I will send you my CV and references.

Kind regards.

Lucas Lanusse.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:07   #7

HI ben

I am vincent, i am 27 years old and i will be really up to go with you on this trip to australia.
I m french, and there is about one years that i travel in south america and i would like to go in australia by boat.
I m sailing and kayaking instructor and i ve got a bit of ocean sailing, such as atlantic crossing and caraibien crossing.

I am currently in ecuador and i can go to lima really quickly.

I hope that we could meet us or doing a skype call.

You can join me by mail at : vincent.guegan@gmail.com

Thank you for reply and bon vent

Vincent
Old 09-03-2012, 15:44   #8

I spent the past seven years as a Senior Systems Engineer in Afghanistan/Iraq. I am now retired and looking to build on my sailing,diving skills. I’m easy going. Between cave diving and seven years of assisting the military with their computer networks I know the feeling of being laid back one minute and in an emergency situation the next. I think this skill is essential in sailing as things could go wrong in seconds and you must be able to deal with the situation. My time is my own and stand ready to crew with short notice.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Cheers,
Reid
crtechie57a*at*yahoo*dot*com

Certified Advance Open water diver , Full Cave Diver
Certified for 50 foot sailing charter
ASA Basic Coastal Cruising – Royal Yachting Association (RYA) – (2011)
ASA Basic Keelboat – Royal Yachting Association (RYA) – (2011)
Old 10-03-2012, 10:21   #9

Send a message via Skype™ to Kevinito

Hello,

my name is Kevin, 34, from belgium
I am leaving today to sail to galapagos, then marquesas and which point i will be looking for another boat to take me further, end goal australia

Would love to join the boat
will not have internet for next 10 days

email me please at x8kevver at hotmail dot com

tks
kevin
Old 06-04-2012, 20:38   #10

Hi Ben do you have detailed info about the boat, yourself and whoever else might be aboard?
Thommo
Old 07-04-2012, 17:32   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by thommo View Post
Hi Ben do you have detailed info about the boat, yourself and whoever else might be aboard?
Thommo
Hi Thommo, the boat is a fully equipped Beneteau 44, 3 cabin set up for long ocean voyages, the crew is a bit of a moving target at the moment we have a definite 3 males to Easter Is, 2 will be flying out from there so looking for a least an extra bod with experience to at least Papeete. Once in Tahiti can organise help, even from Aust if needed, I will be in Lima on the 12th hopefully heading off early May. So what`s your story !

Regards Ben
Old 10-04-2012, 18:25   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben cruiser View Post
Hi Thommo, the boat is a fully equipped Beneteau 44, 3 cabin set up for long ocean voyages, the crew is a bit of a moving target at the moment we have a definite 3 males to Easter Is, 2 will be flying out from there so looking for a least an extra bod with experience to at least Papeete. Once in Tahiti can organise help, even from Aust if needed, I will be in Lima on the 12th hopefully heading off early May. So what`s your story !

Regards Ben
Hi Thommo, sorry to inform you the boat trip Lima Peru to Brisbane Australia is now off, the owner of the boat I was buying sold it to someone else 2 days before, my arrival in Lima, a nice act of bastardy after 9 months of dealings.

Regards Ben

Tags
Australia, brisbane, Peru