Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 23:26   #1

Send a message via AIM to meburma Send a message via Yahoo to meburma Send a message via Skype™ to meburma
Learning to Sail... Big Ambitions

Hey all. I am experienced at sea, though not by sail. I spent a couple of months in '93 working on an LCU in Alaska and it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life.

I am a filmmaker now, and I want to do a documentary and blog about sailing a circumnavigation. (Preferably not solo!) This documentary will be about more than just the trip. It's about the entire adventure, from admitting this was something I wanted to do, to reducing my land based life, to learning how to sail, to eventually circumnavigating the world.

It's a big project and I invite you to become a part of it! Let me learn from those who've experienced the cruiser's life! I'm a very quick learner and I'm very excited to see the world, meet new people from all walks of life and I want to share these experiences with everyone through my website and eventually through a documentary film.

I'll cook. I'll share expenses. I'll grab an oar and paddle if it's necessary! Let's experience the world together! You need crew and I need the experience and the adventure!

Check out my journey at WithSailsUnfurled.com and then contact me at david (at) withsailsunfurled (dot) com.

My availability is very open and with a couple of weeks notice I can travel to just about anywhere in the world to join up!

I hope to hear from you soon!

David

Tags
sail