Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-04-2011, 03:16   #1

Late June to Late September

Hi! I am moving back to Canada mid June and I am looking for a medium-long term sailing opportunity for the summer months before getting back into the job search.

A little background about me: 31, non-smoker, light social drinker (no alcohol on offshore passages) who has been sailing for about 7 years. In terms of papers – I have CYA coastal navigation standard, CYA basic keelboat, US Sailing Bareboat Cruising certificate, VHF license. In more practical terms, I have about 1300 nautical miles as skipper/first mate/crew including:
  • Co-leased a 25 foot C&C in Toronto for 2 years and sailed Lake Ontario regularly throughout the summer months.
  • Living in Europe (France/UK) for about 4 years now where I’ve sailed generally around the Isle of Wight/Solent on 34-38 yachts.
  • To better my practical skills, I’ve taken three mile-building courses in the UK with RYA instructors to practice night sailing exercises (find unmarked unlit buoy in pouring cold April rain at 3 am type exercises)
  • Chartered at 37 footer out of Croatia and skippered a relatively amateur crew for 7 days.
In addition - I rarely get seasick. Can read charts/cook in rough seas. I used to be swimming instructor/lifeguard but certifications (including First Aid/CPR) are expired now.

Hoping to sail from somewhere on the eastern seaboard. Please do get in touch!
Old 28-04-2011, 00:44   #2

Re: Late June to Late September

Hello Anne, sent PM
Old 28-04-2011, 14:38   #3

Boat: Tartan 4100
Re: Late June to Late September

Hello AnneWhite

Are you still looking for a boat to crew on this summer?

I'm thinking of deliverying my Pearson 33-2 from Toronto to the "North Channel". We will go thru Lake Ontario, Welland Canal, Lake Erie and Lake Huron for a 450nm delivery - go to TripLine.net and search for "Toronto to North Channel" for "sail plan". If this is of interest, let find out when you could join... either early July or late July works best. Alternatively, I also need help deliverying the boat back mid-late august.

Pierre,