Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-02-2016, 00:31   #1

Boat: Herreshoff cat Ketch 40'
Langkawi to Teerranganue- East Malaysia rally

Hello, I am looking for 1 crew (experienced ) to help me move Pollen Path, 40ft Ketch, form Langkawi, Malaysia to Terranganue, Malaysia. I hope to join the East malaysia rally so would be in the company of other boats. ""After regrouping at Rebak Marina, Langkawi - Pangkor Island Marina, Perak and Admiral Marina, Port Dickson in late April, the yachts will make their way to Danga Bay Marina, Johor Bahru for the official start early May. Selected marine destinations up the East coast of the peninsula are in store for the rally fleet - Sebana Cove Marina, Tioman Island, Rompin, Kapas Island and Kuala Terengganu""
male or female, not fussy and experience a plus.
Old 27-02-2016, 01:44   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Yokoyama 40
Re: Langkawi to Teerranganue- East Malaysia rally

Do you pay for delivery? I may help you, I'm not far from Malaysia at the moment.
Old 27-02-2016, 01:56   #3

Boat: Herreshoff cat Ketch 40'

No sorry, I can't pay. can not afford to. ( wish I could) I'm looking for some one who just likes sailing and will help me for the pleasure of doing the trip. may be i should have put that in the original message.
Old 29-02-2016, 11:15   #4

Boat: Oday sloop 28

Hello Captain

I would like any and all information you might have in crewing for you and or others you might know as most of my time has been strictly commercial fishing and pleasure / racing. I will be completing my masters this spring and will have a sailing endorsement as well.

I am a positive man of many accomplishments ready to take on any challenge given and yes always with a smile. I am a true team player ready to expand my skills back out on the place I love, the ocean. I am a lucky father of two young adults that are happy and healthy and now on their own. I am sure you would find me more than adapt at any situation, bringing honesty and integrity to all I endeavor in this life. I Started out sailing / racing sunfish and lazier at age 7 moving up and on to local racing out of Hempstead harbor S.C. G.C. yacht clubs, first aid/ CPR certified N.Y. State Ocean Life guard Jones Beach 1982-83’, 1988’-1997’ sport fishing out of Hillsboro Florida, 32 foot Sea Ray and deep water Scuba certified running 28 foot Allman dive boat, 1st. Mate Carrol Ann commercial longline fishing the Yucatan to the banks out of Dayna cut Hollywood FL, Now sailing the east coast 1999’ to present, 2012’ on my 28 O’day, lasted race J-44 Vineyard race etc. And now USCG OUPV Capitan and slamming chef nick named King Food resume please email below.

urockto@optonline.net

thank you.

Paul Kramer

516-708-7614

urockto@optonlnie.net
Old 02-03-2016, 03:58   #5

Greetings Sir,

Can you give a bit more detail on the timetable of the rally? The website only shows the 2015 event which looks to span about 2 months and in years past went up east peninsular Malaysia then looped around to Indonesia.

Once you are in east coast Malaysia, will you require crew to explore onward to other ports of call, or assist to move Pollen Path back to home port?

I'm very interested to do some or all of the sail, and more in future. Pls check your PM where I've provided details, would love to discuss.

Cheers,

Stephen
Old 07-03-2016, 00:38   #6
Marine Service Provider

I wish I could join you again after the last awesome experience on Pollen Path but I leave this Wednesday for Zanzibar to do a delivery and then I set sail for Madagascar and possibly further afield towards the end of May. I wish you all the best and hope that you find the right person. If anybody needs a reference I'm happy to provide one. Fair winds!

Tags
Malaysia