Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-04-2014, 10:31   #1

Lagoon 450 France to Philippines.

Taking delivery of Lagoon 450 mid July, heading out to Gibraltar August/Sept then to Canaries, Caribbean, South Pacific and then to Philippines. Dutch skipper, British owner. Done before on Lagoon 440, so just redoing the trip again, will take a year or so..
Looking for balance, so preferably females, unless you have some real skills with electrics etc ..
Old 26-04-2014, 03:49   #2

Re: Lagoon 450 France to Philippines.

Hola
Very interested in your sailing trip
can you tell me more details? thanks

Greetings from London
Old 26-04-2014, 10:28   #3

At the moment, those are the details that I posted and there is not much more to say.. - I would prefer to know experience and/or skils useful to us on the voyage..

At some point in June we will pout up a website to check more details..till then just gathering info
Old 30-04-2014, 10:05   #4

Hello,
Is this a paid crew position?
Thanks!
Old 30-04-2014, 10:13   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by markv View Post
Taking delivery of Lagoon 450 mid July, heading out to Gibraltar August/Sept then to Canaries, Caribbean, South Pacific and then to Philippines. Dutch skipper, British owner. Done before on Lagoon 440, so just redoing the trip again, will take a year or so..
Looking for balance, so preferably females, unless you have some real skills with electrics etc ..
Hiya, I am interested in sailing this summer, could you provide an email address so I can give you some of my experience extra? Mine is elizabethwalton@live.co.uk

Cheers,
Lizzie
Old 30-04-2014, 10:37   #6

Best to PM me directly rather than me give my email out directly

No, this is not a paid position.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:11   #7

Hi there.
this trip sounds really interesting. I have a few questions. would you be willing to take an inexperienced crew member along? I have never done any real sailing, but I have spent my entire life by the sea. I scuba dive, spearfish, am willing to do whatever work I can, and I am really keen on learning to sail.
I am finishing my BSc in (marine)biology this summer, which leads to my next question - would it be possible to join you somewhere later on? - September/October maybe?
- Ditte
Old 01-05-2014, 10:11   #8

At the moment, delivery is scheduled end of July, and then headed to Gibraltar around 10 August - about 2 weeks there and then onto Casablanca and then to Canary Islands. Best to keep track of where we are and ask us then when you know exactly where you will be..
Old 05-05-2014, 04:11   #9

Are there any expenses for this trip? And would people be able to help out just to the canaries?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 05-05-2014, 18:28   #10

I'm already locked in for Vanuatu to Philippines with Kun louis!!!! At last we sail together cuz
Old 06-05-2014, 10:31   #11

@LizzieWalton - yes, no worries from France to Gibraltar, and from there to Morocco and onwards to Canaries...you have sailing experience already?
Old 06-05-2014, 15:04   #12

Hi Mark,

My sailing experience:
I have sailed for 2 years aprox within a project based in Southampton called the Rona trust sailing project, I have worked my way up and I have taught on the 62-75ft yachts on 3 separate weeks teaching crew how to sail the boat (this is as a watch leader). This year I have also worked on a training weekend, training new watch leaders how to do the role. We generally sail to France, the Channel Islands and the south coast of England.
I sailed in the tall ships races last summer in the Baltic from Finland to Latvia to Poland on a class D oyster 68' called Rona II who is in the project.
I am working towards my day skipper and need lots of experience in the practical area, I am not very rich and I would like to know if their are contributions for the trip. I was wondering what boat you have an how many other people would be sailing?
Also what general times are you expecting to arrive in Morrocco and canaries?
You can reach me on elizabethwalton@live.co.uk which might be easier,
Cheers, any other information you need just ask!
Lizzie
Old 11-05-2014, 01:36   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizziewalton View Post
Hi Mark,

My sailing experience:
I have sailed for 2 years aprox within a project based in Southampton called the Rona trust sailing project, I have worked my way up and I have taught on the 62-75ft yachts on 3 separate weeks teaching crew how to sail the boat (this is as a watch leader). This year I have also worked on a training weekend, training new watch leaders how to do the role. We generally sail to France, the Channel Islands and the south coast of England.
I sailed in the tall ships races last summer in the Baltic from Finland to Latvia to Poland on a class D oyster 68' called Rona II who is in the project.
I am working towards my day skipper and need lots of experience in the practical area, I am not very rich and I would like to know if their are contributions for the trip. I was wondering what boat you have an how many other people would be sailing?
Also what general times are you expecting to arrive in Morrocco and canaries?
You can reach me on elizabethwalton@live.co.uk which might be easier,
Cheers, any other information you need just ask!
Lizzie
Are you still looking for crew?

Tags
France, lagoon, Philippines