Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-02-2014, 19:11   #1

Boat: Alberg 30, 30' sloop.
La Paz Mexico to the Panama Canal, 50ft Tayana FD-12, For the month of April 2014

La Paz Mexico to the Panama Canal, 50ft Tayana FD-12, For the month of April 2014

This passage is aboard a very well equipped 1981 50 foot Tayana FD-12, a well built, quality, ocean going yacht. The current intent is to sail non-stop well offshore down the coast from La Paz Mexico to panama City, about 2300 Nautical miles and at 5 knots this would take about 20 days however the trip would probably take anywhere between 15 and 25 days. There is a possibility to remain on board as crew through the Panama Canal and another 100 miles to the San Blas Islands of Panama. The skipper has extensive sailing experience including recently completing a solo world-circumnavigation on a 30 foot boat. General information about the Tayana FD-12 can be found on google, and information about the skipper is available at his web/blog site; www.SailingSalsa.com.

These are Volunteer positions (up to four) and is not a "shared expense trip". Your only expense will be getting yourself to and from the boat. On board food, customs, and immigration fees associated with the passage will be paid for you. This is not a paid position.

If you would like to be considered PM or email the skipper at; Kirkalittle at hotmail dot com . I am looking for crew that will work together compatibly as a group, this is more important than your level of sailing experience. In the email tell me about yourself, why you should be selected, and how long you would be available. To be considered you must be available to arrive in La Paz Mexico prior to April 1st (or very close to this date as it might adjusted just slightly) and should plan for at least three weeks, possibly longer (4 or 5 weeks) if intending to continue through the canal to San Blas Panama.

This particular Tayana comes well equipped ready for offshore sailing with spares, tools, Autopilot, Windvane, Radar, Digital navigation equipment, All USCG required safety equipment, Solar, wind, and diesel generators, water maker, refrigeration, and a skipper who has sailed across every ocean. What are you waiting for, I have room for about four crew members.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Daydreamermaybe (2).jpg
Views:	315
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	76602  
Old 22-02-2014, 20:49   #2
Resin Head

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Nauticat
Re: La Paz Mexico to the Panama Canal, 50ft Tayana FD-12, For the month of April 2014

Nice! Who bought Daydreamer? I almost did myself. Very nice boat.

Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
Old 24-02-2014, 17:14   #3

Boat: Alberg 30, 30' sloop.
Re: La Paz Mexico to the Panama Canal, 50ft Tayana FD-12, For the month of April 2014

It is a nice boat! I can forward the owner's contact info if you want it.

Getting a lot of quality people emailing about crew, I hope to make a final selection inside a week or two, keep them coming.

Tags
la paz, Mexico, Panama, Panama Canal