Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 05:03   #1

Boat: J40
June circumnavigate Del-Mar-Va from NYC

First week of June, I hope to go from NY Harbor, down the coast to Norfolk, thru Chesapeake, stop at DC, up to Baltimore, thru Canal down Delaware R. then back to NYC. I'm looking for a single or perhaps a couple (depending on how other crew work out). I'll be meeting friends/wife in the Chesapeake (crab and beer). I want crew for the entire cruise (especially the two overnite coastal legs). Start a conversation. Frank ,,,_/),,,
Old 06-03-2013, 05:18   #2

Boat: Hylas 49
Frank,

How long are you thinking this will take? The Potomac is a PIA and you will be motoring for hours. I'm guessing 2 weeks or more. Tells us about your boat and your experience.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:38   #3

Boat: J40
Re: June circumnavigate Del-Mar-Va from NYC

I usually do this trip in one week, the first week in June. I plan to be 2 days, an overnight down from NY to Norfolk, then 5 days in the Chesapeake, then an overnight back to NY harbor. Then we take the boat to BI race week but I have crew for that.
Old 15-03-2013, 08:44   #4

Boat: H33

Very interested in going. Have about 8 years sailing on my own 30' and have sailed the Atlantic off NJ and done the trip from eastern LI Sound to Manasquan. Have no firm schedule so any time is fine. Email me at Lehigh375 at AOL(dot)com. and will send my personal resume. Thanks for the consideration.
Old 16-03-2013, 11:49   #5

I am looking to get experience on multi day sailing trips; I have a bit of experience in sailing from crewing day races, and I really want to take the next step in learning what it takes to cruise the ocean. This sounds like such an awesome opportunity - if you're willing to mentor me I would really love to join. If you want to contact me directly, please use my email staceybagg@gmail.com. Thank you!
Old 17-03-2013, 20:03   #6

Hi Frank,
I teach sailing on the Potomac just below DC and race regularly on the Chesapeake. I brought a Jeanneau43 down from Manhasset last May through the C&D and to Tolchester on the Eastern Shore opposite Baltimore. I might be interested in joining you for the trip, most probably with a decent but less experienced sailing friend.
I've done variations of the trip you propose a couple of times and your plan seems sound with one possible exception. It's a long way up the Potomac to DC and then back down. It's do-able, but you'd cut off a lot of water travel by staying on the Bay, going to Annapolis and getting the 30 min drive into DC, which I could probably arrange if aboard.
I have a sister in Manhasset and will be there Easter Sunday and probably the Monday after if you'd like to meet.
Regards,
John
Old 18-03-2013, 11:27   #7

captain Gabriel Cordero available in miami FL many years doing deliveries also am a rigger and very good cook! got my masters 100 ton sailing and toe endorsements! hope here from you

Tags
nyc