Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-10-2013, 11:54   #1

Boat: Atkins Little Ranger ketch 43'
Jersey City, NJ to Rock Hall, MD

Looking for 1-2 experienced crew for trip down Jersey shore, up Delaware Bay, and down to Chesapeake Bay to Rock Hall, MD. Boat is 43' Atkins Little Ranger Ketch. Very seaworthy. Departing Liberty Marina Saturday, Oct 26, 2pm. Arrive Rock Hall, Tuesday, Oct 29. Will provide transportation back to Jersey City Tuesday.
Old 24-10-2013, 02:41   #2

Boat: Beneteau 49
Have you checked the forecast? Saturday SW gusting to 25, Saturday night SW gusting to 30. It's not going to be a pleasant trip. I'd wait a day or two. Late Sunday's prediction is for NW. No better wind to go down the Jersey coast then a NW.
Old 24-10-2013, 04:15   #3

Re: Jersey City, NJ to Rock Hall, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrovbp View Post
Looking for 1-2 experienced crew for trip down Jersey shore, up Delaware Bay, and down to Chesapeake Bay to Rock Hall, MD. Boat is 43' Atkins Little Ranger Ketch. Very seaworthy. Departing Liberty Marina Saturday, Oct 26, 2pm. Arrive Rock Hall, Tuesday, Oct 29. Will provide transportation back to Jersey City Tuesday.
Let's see, this is your first post. You're here looking for experienced delivery crew. You have a schedule and the weather sucks on your departure day. For asking strangers to help you move this boat you are willing to provide return trip transportation.

You are timing your departure to get you to the narrows at slack tide so you're not a total dope. My guess is this isn't your boat, you're a pro.

Have a safe trip!
Old 26-10-2013, 03:38   #4

Still looks like 25-30kts right on the nose, I hope you have a safe trip today. BTW, I don't think anybody minds if you are a pro and come here looking for free labor but you might have better luck next time if wouldn't be such a cheap skate and would at least offer to cover food and drink in addition to the return trip transportation. Three day trip, a fella could get a little hungry. Just sayin.
Old 26-10-2013, 07:34   #5

Sorry food and drink are covered. Neglected to mention. Also delaying departure until Sunday morning. No need to take a beating overnight on Saturday. I hope to get the hang of this forum posting thing.
Old 28-10-2013, 19:07   #6

Hi, I would love to assist you in the trip, I am a 100 ton Captain and have worked as mate recently for a delivery through that area. Let me know where I can send my resume. I currently live in Tampa but will be flying up to Baltimore Nov 4th, or could come sooner if you could arrange transport. Thanks for your time, hope to hear back from you soon!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:49   #7

Thanks. Got the boat, Pegasus to Rock Hall last Tuesday. Plan to keep her there over the winter. Hope your trip to Baltimore is a good one.