Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 15:11   #16
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Ireland to Canaries

Delivery Skipper looking for extras maybe...
there's quite a few folk keen to break into a percieved 'Cushy Number'.. so they go dirt cheap and take on paying crew to cover the trip...
I'm cheap... but I make sure my crew don't have to pay anything to or from the boat... or on board... all expense's are down to the owner including marina's etc if needed for shelter/repairs...
If it comes down to it the owner either lets me solo it.. or supplys his own crew...
Or hires someone else...
Regarding the Cork to Canaries trip... did a similar run in a 35ftr last year... just I turned left at San Vincente for E.Spain instead of carrying on... it was blowy from Baiona down 3-5metre sea's... the Biscay was a millpond..
But then I've been there in 8+metre sea's.... the Biscay always surprise's... and it also ignore weather predictions... 5 day windows can close in 24hrs....
There's folk who'll happily pay for the mileage... but then they think thats there only hope... lotta wannabe's for limited spaces... maybe 500-1..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 29-08-2012, 09:51   #17

Re: Ireland to Canaries

hello Darkhanzer - are you still looking for crew? - i may be interested in the portugal to canaries part - am currently near sevilla and have some sailing experience - i sailed in october 2008 from sherkin island to almerimar (near almeria) - included nightwatches and also some very strong wind and waves off the coast of portugal - hasta luego - matthew

Matthew Cairns | Facebook

Tags
Canaries, Ireland