Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-12-2015, 16:30   #1

Boat: 30' Grampian
Interested in assembling BVI Bare boat crew for March

Experienced couple wants to do the BVI Bare boat charter thing.

My girlfriend and I are a youthful minded, mildly jaded, 66 year old couple who will do this simply because it seems like fun and we've never done it.

We have a 30' Grampian sloop on the Chesapeake near Annapolis but this, of course envisions chartering a vessel in BVI. We hope to attract another like minded couple(s?) for such an endeavor. Alternatively please make a better suggestion. Experience decides who's Captain.

Please contact us. All suggestions and information are welcome
Old 20-12-2015, 10:51   #2

Re: Interested in assembling BVI Bare boat crew for March

Recently returned from our 2nd charter trip to the BVI, this one with four boats around 40ft, all cats.

First trip just my new wife and I on our honeymoon on a 31ft mono.

Probably couldn't make a March trip but do order the Cruising Guide to the Virgin Islands, if you haven't already. Plenty of useful stuff and fun planning info.

Would be happy to answer questions anytime.

Dave
Old 10-01-2016, 13:44   #3

Boat: Seawind 1000

You are planning exactly what we are looking for in the Mediterranean. Any chance you would consider the Mediterranean instead? We are a couple of similar vintage and sail our Seawind 1000 on the East coast of Australia so we almost speak the same language. BVI is a possibility for us as have not been there before but we would like to bareboat charter mid September at the end of a 2 week language programme in Rome which makes more sense for us to do the Mediterranean which have only been through part of by ferry in long years past. Let us know
Old 14-01-2016, 22:34   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfinah View Post
Experienced couple wants to do the BVI Bare boat charter thing.

My girlfriend and I are a youthful minded, mildly jaded, 66 year old couple who will do this simply because it seems like fun and we've never done it.

We have a 30' Grampian sloop on the Chesapeake near Annapolis but this, of course envisions chartering a vessel in BVI. We hope to attract another like minded couple(s?) for such an endeavor. Alternatively please make a better suggestion. Experience decides who's Captain.

Please contact us. All suggestions and information are welcome

Hello, Would like to have you consider me to crew with you. I am in your age range, single and a fairly experienced sailor. Have a gaff-rigged wood cutter built in Falmouth Cornwall in 1948. Can cook, be a deckhand, enjoy wide ranging conversations and love to sail. Since I am not a couple I hope you will consider me. Please tell me about your plans. John Gordon, M.D.

Tags
arc, crew