Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-02-2013, 05:47   #1

Location: Currently on the HARD in Guaymas Mexico and staying in Phoenix, AZ
Boat: Columbia 45
Inside Passage to Alaska

I will be leaving in May and getting to Juneau about the 1st of July. I have a few legs that I have space available. No pay required or given. Contact me if you are interested with your credentials. You pay all transportation to and from the boat.
Clean, respectable people only thank you.
Old 18-02-2013, 14:58   #2

Boat: Wellcraft, 20' o/b cutty -yellow in color
Re: Inside Passage to Alaska

And a fine day to you.
I would like to discuss further the potential of crewing for you to and maybe even back from Alaska.

I currently reside in Ridgefield WA along the Columbia River, and I have a place on Herron Island in the south sound area. These two locations have been my concentration for sailing the last 15 years with time on the Pacific, mostly short excursions (2-5 days). I grew up sailing on Puget Sound and have extensive history from Canada south. Sea time is my goal.

I am semi-retired with a stream of income that keeps me above water and very, very flexible.
Like I tell my dates, I am very reference-checkable.

I would also be very interested in sailing the sound if that is an option starting in mid-April (I am a ski racer and have events until then).

Thanks so much and take care - Scott
Old 18-02-2013, 18:51   #3

Hey how's it going. I am interested in sailing with you this spring. I'm 20 year old male from maine. I have experience on a Luger 27 that I learned to sail on growing up and i also sailed competitively in high school on 420s and FJs. I don't not have any blue water experience but my fundamentals are solid. I am currently working as a carpenter and maintenance person at a sailing center in maine. I am looking to do some extended sailing for a few months before going to college. Please feel free to email me at dillon.dundee@yahoo.com

Thanks
Dillon
Old 06-04-2013, 12:15   #4

I sent you a PM. Scott B
Old 07-04-2013, 21:35   #5

Boat: Caliber 40

I hope everyone realizes this is a motor trip - even on a big fast sailboat

I've been sailing in the Pac NW since 1971 and have many friends who have made the trip. I've only been around the top of Vancouver Island.

I don't know anyone who sailed more than 10% of the time on the INSIDE Passage. Outside through the Queen Charlottes is a Manly sailing trip but inside is a motorboat ride thru some of the most beautiful and spectacular water front scenery in the world.

I highly recommend the trip but don't expect to sail.

And May/June up there is wet and cold!
Old 08-04-2013, 09:07   #6

Boat: Wellcraft, 20' o/b cutty -yellow in color

After rec'ving no reply from the original poster, I have accepted an opportunity to both cruise and live in south AK for four months. And yes, I have purchased new rain gear.

Take care all
Old 13-04-2013, 11:15   #7

I have been out of wifi for a while now. I have crew up to Ketchikan. I will be there about mid June. Note: I know about the motoring isssue. Life goes on, motoring or sailing. Being on the boat is #1 priority. Hence my slow cruise itenerary.I am still looking for 1 or 2 from Juneau to Port Angeles WA Juloy 18 - 1 aug ish, offshore, non-stop, (hopefully)
Old 21-04-2013, 12:50   #8

Greetings Lookoutnw!

I just reactivated this account today as I've had the intention to get back into sailing. I have limited sailing experience including lake sailing in north Idaho and an 8 day trip around the Hawaiian Islands. I am very interested in the prospect of crewing your return journey to Port Angeles and look forward to hearing back from you.
Old 21-04-2013, 13:56   #9

Location: Everywhere that you want to be! "And, some that you don't!??
Boat: Boston Whaler
Send a message via AIM to UnExCorp Send a message via Skype™ to UnExCorp

Excerpt.lookoutnw

"motoring or sailing. Being on the boat is #1 priority!"

I have done this leg from that of JNU - SEA/TAC (alaskanwcharters), and there is some fantastic fishing that can be done by that of just simply slow-Trolling (those H20s)! It would/will, also, help with the passing of One's Time/wouldn't hurt that of Lunch/dinner either! =)'

If,

Those whom you have found, like/enjoy that of "Fishing!" I would be found highly recommending that of Fishing gear/and all associated Equip.

When, actually, that of "Sailing!" "Something, quite different, can/and May occur!

Looks like a great trip/Will be in SEA -then, PDX, in that of early may ~ But, unfortunately, I'm going/continuing onto that of OGG (spent last spring/summer -in ANC/JNU+!

Trident Sailing too you: "And, "Watch out!" for those darn Orcas! ={

Sincerely,

D.T.!
Old 22-04-2013, 22:31   #10

Uodate: I have crew all except for the Juneau to Washington Offshore. That I only have 1 crew for.as of today. I will entertain the notion of 1 or 2 more for the offshore leg Juneau to Washington. And yes, trolling line will be in the water for fresh ceviche and sushi and BBQ salmon and orca and seal and whatever else decides to be my dinner!
Old 23-04-2013, 00:30   #11

Boat: Fortune 30

Don't worry about the orcas. They're smart and agile enough to not let you hit them. Worry about the dumb, slow, bigger humpbacks, though. A year or two ago a sailboat was sunk off Hoonah by one. I've had a few close encounters (and trying not to, BTW-I see them enough) where I inadvertently got caught in light winds under sail in the middle of a pod bubble feeding. Talk about needing a change of underwear! If it weren't for the dang job and new kid, I'd be happy to sail south with you. Maybe I'll run in to you around Juneau, though. Good luck and keep the camera handy (but in a dry place as well).
Old 23-04-2013, 06:37   #12

"Nice!"
Old 23-04-2013, 06:47   #13

"Orcas, was to be found in jest -Not "literal" in its nature!

Yes,

There is to be found an abundance/bountiful supply of aquatic life ~ Incl. that, of the Whales/To which, are not shy in their approach (to our/the Captain's 97' Yacht!).

"Hey!"

You have the same, some what, similar odds of just driving that of your own vehicle!

D.T.
Old 07-05-2013, 21:25   #14

Looks like I have it all crewed up for the cruise north. Offshore Juneau to Port Angeles is a different story. Currently I have 1 and a possible 1crewmember. It will be non stop, except for severe weather.
Thanks for all who have piped in. with their thoughts.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:57   #15

Boat: Cascade 27

Hi I'm also cruising north. I left Olympia May 6th. I'm in Friday Harbor now. I had crew but then it fell thru last minute. Any chance you have crew request that contacted you that you turned down and might be able to pass on to me?

Also wondering what kind of route you are planning. Private message me if you are interested in chatting.

Alan
Genesis
Cascade 27

Tags
alaska, passage