Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-03-2011, 14:11   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to coolasstatt Send a message via Skype™ to coolasstatt
pirate Inexperienced & Ready to Learn

Hello all,
I am new to California, am looking @ buying a sailboat but want to learn the ropes first. I am originally from Oklahoma, was raised on the water so I am an experienced m/v boater but pretty much only on lakes. I was in the Air Force, now I am retired but only 32 so i'm ready to enjoy the open seas. I'm not tied down to anyone or any place. I want to learn how to sail & am willing to volunteer to do just about anything, if anyone is willing to teach me. I was an aircraft mechanic for 10 yrs & have been doing construction for the past 3 yrs, so I can do just about anything & am an extremely fast learner. Anyways, if anyone is looking for a virgin sailor, except for a catamaran in Italy several years back, let me know. I am willing to go anywhere, as long as we are leaving from the West coast of the US. My passport is valid so I can & will go anywhere. I love traveling & seeing the world!!
Thanks,
Jeremy
Old 22-03-2011, 14:19   #2

Re: inexperienced & ready to learn

Where are you at in California? Down here in San Diego I believe if you're retired you can use the Navy's rental fleet which is a really cheap way to get a boat out on the water. Grab a good sailing book, take a class for a day or two (or three), and then just practice a lot.
Old 22-03-2011, 14:24   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to coolasstatt Send a message via Skype™ to coolasstatt

i'm up by Sac right now, prob b coming down that way here shortly, sooner if anyone is interested in helping me out. thanks 4 the info rebel, so u know if i will need to take classes or that will just be for me to learn?
Old 22-03-2011, 14:27   #4

Navy Yacht Club San Diego That's the one I'm talking about. Extremely cheap for a yacht club / sail boat rental operation.