Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 05:21   #16

Re: I can pay to be on your yacht.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonmd View Post
If you're still in the UK in July, you're welcome to come down to Spain and join me for a bit
I should be in Spain in the later part of June for quite some time, I may well want to join up with you.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:24   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksailor View Post
fyi Lucan, I'm in Melbourne, just south of you, and ready to go in a day or so, if you'd like to join me, let me know, I'll pick you up on the way north. Stick about for a day, a week, or all the way to the Chesapeake....
Many thanks but I fly to the UK on Monday for a long awaited consultation with my cardiologist.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:25   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmo2011 View Post
Hello Lord Lucan
I am looking for company/crew to take my 36 ft boat from Charlotte Harbour to the Chesapeake starting June 7th, no fixed timetable and you could join anytime you are freelet me know if you are interested and I can send more info on myself, the boat etc
Many thanks but I fly to the UK on Monday for a long awaited consultation with my cardiologist.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:32   #19

Boat: 30ft Catalac 900 "Rubessa"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lucan View Post
I should be in Spain in the later part of June for quite some time, I may well want to join up with you.
No problem, i'm expecting to get her down here early July, then I have some fitting out to do for a week or two to get her ready for cruising. Will be doing some day sailing in the meantime before leaving by the start of August.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:48   #20

Re: No payment needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMW View Post
I am over in St Pete Beach. I try to get out most weekends with family or just my son. I would be happy to take you out some time. You can participate as you feel fit to do. I do not need payment except for a good story or two and smile.

I rarely post or even log on for that matter but lurk all the time. PM me if you are interested.

Mitch
That's really kind of you but I fly to the UK on Monday to see my cardiologist. I have plenty of great stories, I lived on my yacht for 7 years and got off when she was chartered leaving the crew to it. I sold her just over a month ago, thank God, the running costs were just staggering!

Q. How do you make a small fortune out of a boat?
A. By putting a large fortune into a boat!

I have genuinely had 13 heart attacks, seen the white light; 2 of my 3 by-passes have now blocked up and had a couple of strokes, one big one but I walk, talk and see again albeit I am weaker on my RHS and my balance on a tender is very poor! With my heart so damaged I do get tired. I am quite a positive person, so that helped me fight back each time. I have been accepted for stem cell therapy trials, so yes, I can bore anyone stupid about my health. Maybe that's why I still try to make the most of life and have a laugh whenever possible!

So for those still reading this I really am probably only going to be free to join a boat from very late June and July looks more likely. At some point over the next few months I will be going to Texas, USA for my stem cell therapy but be in Spain in July. From July onwards I should be free to travel.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:46   #21

Re: I Can Pay To Be on Your Yacht

Send me a message when you're in Spain then. What part are you going to?
Old 02-06-2011, 09:05   #22

My freind lives just west of Malaga in Mijas, where are you?
Old 02-06-2011, 11:26   #23

Ok, thats 40 mins from me, im half way between there and Gibraltar. I've sent you a PM with my personal email address.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:39   #24
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lucan View Post
Don't forget the Duty Frees
Old 02-06-2011, 12:56   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonmd View Post
Ok, thats 40 mins from me, im half way between there and Gibraltar. I've sent you a PM with my personal email address.
I am new to this site, how do I view your PM?
Old 02-06-2011, 13:41   #26

email recieved
Old 03-06-2011, 07:41   #27

Boat: Gulfstar 41, Center Cockpit Ketch

[QUOTE=Lord Lucan;698085]I am a slightly disabled 52 year old male day skipper yachtie who wants to spend some more time on a yacht. I can pay you money for the time on board. I can not be relied on to work too ....

Your post caught my attention, since my woman friend crew looks like she may have to drop out. Her shoulders need replacement, and one my be to bad to be done. The reason this is relevant is that for the last year, what she has been able to do is very limited, but has worked out. She could stand watches just fine, but would need to awaken me for whatever needed doing.

I am about to fly back home to Oregon for 2-3 months. My boat is in Panama on a mooring until I return. Since it is not likely Barb will be able to continue with me, I will want crew. You would need to stand watches, which means, tending the helm and looking out for hazards while underway, when I need rest. I plan to liesurely sail north from Panama to Nicuragua, El Salvador, Mexico, and eventually return to Oregon, but may take as much as two years to do it.

Sometimes, night sailing can be spooky even when absolutely nothing is wrong; If you start having worries, would it possibly trigger a hear event? I have an excellent first aid kit (needs to be updated), prepared by my Paramedic son, but I have no idea how to use it...He says "call for help, at least you've got the stuff"

I have no idea what would be a fair compensation. Fuel has become a major factor, even for a sailboat. To date, it has not been very expensive to sail from Oregon to here over the last 5 years. Anchoring out keeps costs quite low, but marinas which are necessary occasionally and desireable at some other times, are quite expensive. The boat requires no major expenditures, except at some time not far away, a new $2200 mainsail will be needed; other sails already replaced. Maintenance expenses are continuous, but not high.

If any of my babble seems worth it, email me back at boatstuffster@gmail.com. I only go on this site every month or two, so best email direct. Probably a dialogue is called for.
Old 03-06-2011, 18:19   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lucan
I am a slightly disabled 52 year old male day skipper yachtie who wants to spend some more time on a yacht. I can pay you money for the time on board. I can not be relied on to work too hard for too long due to a failing heart. I am a former electromechanical engineer who is not a complete Muppet; I can fix some things and not break everything.

I am looking to cruise around anywhere but not cold climates. It's probably best I do not sail oceans so I could come and go at times. I am open to all offers, not necessary immediate. I may well suit someone who has run out of funds.I am told I am good company and have a GSOH.
I am in the process of buying a 37ft in the Caribbean to retire on. While I have sailed for years, have never had my own boat. Am selling my restaurant and plan on sailing in and around the Caribbean for a few years . Would welcome someone with some experience for 3-6 months. Let me know.
Old 19-06-2011, 10:06   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisp007 View Post
I am in the process of buying a 37ft in the Caribbean to retire on. While I have sailed for years, have never had my own boat. Am selling my restaurant and plan on sailing in and around the Caribbean for a few years . Would welcome someone with some experience for 3-6 months. Let me know.
I know the Caribbean very well, this is of interest to me. I am free in about 2 months, maybe before.

Tim
tim@clasship.net

Tags
yacht