Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-12-2014, 08:00   #1

I can crew- So.FL./Caribbean in Jan...

Hi, this is my first time posting. I am new to the world of sailing, reading as much as possible about cruising/live aboard and I would like to experience it first hand. I truly believe this will be my new lifestyle... I am 40, "separating", father of two beautiful little girls- responsible, mechanically inclined, problem solver, outside the box thinker, team player, fast learner, adventurous, etc...

I am totally frustrated by this FAKE "American mentality" which surrounds me and pervades those around me. I am ready to do a 180, buy an "old fixer-upper" sailboat and learn to sail it to REAL places with REAL people... First, I'd like to get some experience crewing, meeting new friends/community and LEARNING a new lifestyle.

I will be in Florida for at least the month of January, solo on my motorcycle... I would like to find an opportunity(ies) to crew somewhere warm in the Caribbean. I can pitch in to cover my expenses and will pull more than my own weight...

Also, any advice you might offer me would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you!
Old 29-12-2014, 10:12   #2

Re: I can crew- So.FL./Caribbean in Jan...

Currently in San Pedro Belize. planning on leaving the middle of January south to Placencia then Rio Dulce , Roatan, then South to Panama. Have crew now but might have room for one, I'll know for sure around the 5th of Jan. If interested you can email me at charlierivers2447@gmail.com.

Regards , Carlos
Old 30-12-2014, 20:48   #3

Boat: hunter 37 cherubini
Re: I can crew- So.FL./Caribbean in Jan...

hi i need crew in june of nx year to driver my sailboat to the turks; its a 37 ft mono ; if interested tx me ; zigzaging2002@yahoo.com duke

Tags
Caribbean, crew, rib